Quick Take: Are those multiple bottles of supplements taking up too much space in your gym bag? Are you tired of downing all those different capsules? Do you often exhaust yourself too much at the gym, leaving your girl unsatisfied? If the answer to all those questions is a resounding yes, Onnit T+ has the solution for you. It’s a T-boosting supplement that also acts as a pre-workout, and is capable of giving you and your girl an all-night frenzy. In this review, I will show you exactly how Onnit T+ hits all the right spots.
- A product of the reliable brand Onnit Labs, the label broadly advertises that it improves “Total Strength + Performance”
- As their website says, it’s a stimulant-free pre-workout formula
- Available to buy online (including Amazon) and in retail stores (couldn’t find it in GNC though)
- Onnit Performo Blend™ – T+’s blend of essential amino acids
- Onnit Power Blend™ – This looks to be the formula’s hormonal assistance blend and yup, that includes testosterone
- Onnit Support Blend™ – May be here for aromatase inhibition/estrogen regulation/anti-oxidant properties
Onnit T+ Ingredients
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||7.5 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)||100 mg|
|Magnesium Aspartic Acid||40 mg|
|Onnit Performo Blend™||4380 mg|
|L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Glutamine, Beta Alanine|
|Onnit Power Blend™||3440 mg|
|D-Aspartic Acid, Mucuna pruriens (seed) Extract, Eurycoma longifolia (root) Extract, Stinging Nettle (root) Extract|
|Onnit Support Blend™||470 mg|
|Red Clover (tops) Extract, Luteolin, Resveratrol [from Japanese Knotweed (root) Extract]|
|BioPerine® Black Pepper (fruit) Extract||5 mg|
Onnit T+’s T-Boosters
Vitamin B6 – Not in the best form (P-5-P is better) but it’s still decent and plays a role in blocking testosterone binding which then raises levels of free T.
Magnesium Aspartic Acid – One of my favorite natural T-boosters given at a decent form. This boosts testosterone levels by inhibiting SHBG
Onnit Power Blend™
- D-Aspartic Acid – A study has shown that it increases testosterone levels by 42% in just 12 days. If that’s not a potent T-booster, I don’t know what is.
- Mucuna pruriens – One of the most promising natural T-boosters, this herb has LH stimulating L-DOPA that signals for the synthesis and release of testosterone.
- Eurycoma longifolia – Better known as Tongkat Ali, it’s a legendary herb that’s primarily been used for it’s effects in libido. However, it does show potential as a T-booster by decreasing the amounts of SHBG
- Stinging Nettle – It’s an herb that has also shown promise as a test booster although it is also used for its support in various health problems. It has shown to be an aromatase inhibitor, 5a-reductase inhibitor, and may also bind with SHBG in place of testosterone.
Pantothenic Acid– It’s a common essential Vitamin B5 assisting in formation of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and involved in ATP-producing Krebs cycle. To make it simpler, it helps boost energy via ATP.
Onnit Performo Blend™
- L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine – All three are essential BCAA’s that are required for protein synthesis which makes them valuable as pre-workout supplements.
- L-Glutamine – Also plays a role in protein synthesis
- Beta Alanine – Another amino acid that’s great as a pre-workout. Works to delay the onset of fatigue during bodybuilding (anaerobic) exercises.
Onnit Support Blend™
- Red Clover – This probably a wild card in the formula. It MIGHT boost testosterone by lowering T’s rate of conversion and also aids in preserving LH.
- Luteolin – it’s an anti-oxidant that supports a healthy testosterone:estrogen ratio by acting as an aromatase inhibitor without necessarily boosting T.
- Resveratrol – Also has anti-oxidant properties that doesn’t really boost T but might aid in estrogen regulation and weight management.
BioPerine® – It’s not a T-booster per se but boy, am I glad to see this here. It’s a branded and standardized product that helps increase the bioavailability of the rest of these ingredients – making them a whole lot more absorbable and potent.
NOTE: The formula you see here is the updated, improved formula. It’s at a heavier dose of 14 g compared to the older formula of 10.4 grams. The heavier dosage is due to more BCAAs and Tongkat Ali
Onnit T+ Directions
On training days – Take 2 scoops 30 minutes prior to training and 1 scoop after
On non-training days – Take one scoop with breakfast and another one with lunch
If I had to tell my analysis in word, I’d say “IMPRESSIVE”. I mean, some pre-workouts nowadays are loaded with caffeine but T+? This is a different kind of beast we got here. Not only does is stand up to it’s claim as being a stimulant-free pre-workout, their label isn’t lying to us when they advertised it being made with earth-grown ingredients. And as I reviewed this product, it’s always nice not having to dispel any myths and unlock truths in otherwise falsely advertised products.
As an added bonus, it’s also scientifically proven to be effective. How many T-boosters have you actually seen that’s been literally used for study? Not a lot, probably.
The vitamins and minerals in this (Vitamin B6 and Magnesium) are only one ingredient (Zinc) shy of becoming the tried and tested ZMA trio. Although, I would’ve loved to see Zinc in this, T+ compensates with the other ingredients on their list. To be specific, their Onnit Power Blend™ has two of my favorite natural T-boosters in DAA and Mucuna Pruriens. With those 2 ingredients boosting testosterone, the other 2 ingredients on the blend are in-charge of support by boosting libido and regulating estrogen. If that’s not enough, then there’s more back up coming in as T+’s Onnit Support Blend™.
As a pre-workout, their spotlight looks to be shining on their Onnit Performo Blend™. Those BCAA’s do an amazing job in boosting stamina and making sure you have an adequate amount of protein to fuel your workouts. And because Onnit seems to value their claim in T+ being a pre-workout, here’s some more of that pre-workout goodness as Pantothenic Acid.
Admittedly though, I may be impressed but I do see a kink in their formula. PROP BLENDS. Frankly, I hate proprietary blends because if I am to take in anything, It’s vital for me too see how much of it I’m taking. And although T+ does show the sum amount of these blends, the individual dosages of the ingredients used in the blend aren’t there. I like my T-boosters how I like my government. A little more transparency would be nice, aye? If you’re like me that almost literally needs to see every dosage of every ingredient, check out these other T-booster reviews.
Does it Work?
Yes – and I say that with conviction. I’d bet my next month’s salary on it, to be quite honest. As I’ve already said, you don’t see a lot f T-boosting stacks on the market with an actual scientific research to back it up and it’s not just BRO-science, it’s actual science done by nerdy (probably lanky) scientists. That being said, let’s take a pause to thank all those nerds we bullied back in the day when we didn’t know better. Without them, we’d have no T-boosters to fuel our testosterone filled, muscle building addiction.
- ALL NATURAL – T+ deserves so much credit on this. With their choice of ingredients, they do live up to their claim using earth-grown ingredients.
- Stimulant-free – again, no false advertising here.
- Strength+Performance – As a pre-workout should, T+ shows a lot of promise in boosting strength and this strength will lead to better performance curling those dumbbells.
- Hormone Regulation – Not only does it boost T, it balances the ratio of testosterone to estrogen too.
- Better Sex – They say a happy wife is a happy life. Well, with the erections you’re about to get, your wife is in for a loooong night.
- Onnit – the brand itself is a good thing, delivering quality supplements.
- Athlete safe – Quality T-boosts, a better bodybuilding experience, and a wonderful sex life. All of these without taking in anything illegal.
- PROP BLENDS – All caps for more intensity on this. Because first of all, I hate prop blends. Secondly, I HATE PROP BLENDS.
- Pre-workout & T-Booster Combo – Honestly, that’s really not that bad. Can you tell I’m running out of ideas to use as a con? But if you wanted just a T-booster, there are other great options.
- No caffeine – uhh, okay. I ran out of bad things to say. I’m sorry.
The Bottom Line
As a whole, it works as a T-booster AND as a pre-workout, has a scientific study to back it up, and is all natural. It’s a bona fide 2-in-1 stack that works well at the 2 things they’re designed to do and I commend Onnit for that. This supplement, to me, deserves at least 4 stars. If you’re looking to boost your testosterone and lift heavier, longer at the gym while giving your girl a good spanking, this is what you need.