Quick Take: On their label, Nutrex Tested is said to be “clinically dosed”. Looking at their ingredients, I have to say it’s true. It only has 2 ingredients but both of them are supplied in scientifically tested dosages and in forms that, to me, make them superior to many others. Plus, there’s a synergy there that helps optimize your hormonal profile for muscle growth. However, this short formula does have its weak spots. Read the review to find out more.
- A product of Nutrex, Tested is part of the brand’s Clinical Edge series of supplements
- Tested™ is advertised simply as “a clinically dosed free testosterone and libido supporting formula”
- Branded and premium Tongkat Ali (LJ100®) is this stack’s primary ingredient
- Also has easy-to-absorb Boron at a heavy 100 mg
- Tongkat Ali’s anti-stress properties counters the increased cortisol that comes with Boron supplementation
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon, Bodybuilding (.) com, eBay, Vitamin Shoppe, the official Nutrex Research website, and several others. This doesn’t seem to be sold on GNC but they do have several other Nutrex products such as the popular Lipo 6 Black Ultra Concentrate and their Outlift pre workout.
NOTES: Prices and shipping fees vary across different websites. To save your money, I suggest you check out several shops/websites before you place your order. Also, PricePlow has list of websites and their subsequent prices that could help you look for the lowest price. .
Nutrex Tested Ingredients
|LJ100® Standardized Eurycoma Longifolia Jack Extract (Tongkat Ali) (40% Glyco Saponins, 22% Bioactive Eurypeptides, 30% Polysaccharides, 0.8% Eurycomanone)||200 mg|
|Boron Citrate||100 mg|
Nutrex Tested – Ingredients Review
LJ100® (Tongkat Ali) – This herb is particularly famous for its benefits on libido and fertility (sperm). More than just sex though, Tongkat Ali has also shown to be a capable testosterone booster. As shown in one research, TA supplementation resulted in boosted testosterone (37%) and lower cortisol (16%) in moderately stressed subjects.
Boron – In my opinion, this is one of the best minerals for male health. Especially at this easy-to-absorb Citrate form here on Nutrex Tested, Boron is a fast-acting testosterone supplement. In fact, one research shows a significant boost in “free” testosterone after just 7 days of supplementation. Moreover, it also lowers estrogen while increasing other T boosting nutrients in Vitamin D and Magnesium.
Nutrex Tested Directions
Each serving of Tested consists of two (2) liquid capsules. According to Nutrex Research’s instructions:
For general and libido support:
- 2 capsules in the morning
- 2 capsules at night
On training days:
- 2 capsules 1 hour prior to working out
- 2 capsules in the morning or at night depending on what time you train
Nutrex Tested is a stack of only 2 ingredients: LJ100® and Boron Citrate. Compared to most other testosterone booster supplements like Nutrex’s very own T-Up and Vitrix, this is a relatively short formula.
From my experience writing reviews, however, short formulas don’t necessarily equate to a lack of benefits and power. In fact, I think longer formulas can sometimes be a bad thing due to thinly spread dosages.
That being said, dosage doesn’t seem to be a problem here in Nutrex Tested with both LJ100 (200 mg) and Boron (100 mg) getting effective amounts of milligrams. Moreover, their forms are superb as well.
In particular, I think LJ100® might be the best brand of Tongkat Ali specifically when it comes to male health. It’s an uber concentrated version of the herb that’s heavily standardized for its most manly active compounds. Boron’s Citrate form makes me happy, too! In this form, it’s one of the most highly bioavailable versions of the mineral which means your body absorbs its nutrition more efficiently than other, cheaper forms.
Now that we’ve established that both ingredients have premium forms and solid dosages, how do they improve male health?
First of all, both of them are solid for increasing testosterone levels. More than just testosterone though, Boron and Tongkat Ali also influence other hormones. Specifically, Boron also decreases estrogen but, in the process, increases cortisol. Unfortunately, this rise in cortisol isn’t very beneficial for T because when it’s excessively elevated, testosterone goes down.
Thankfully, Nutrex Tested pairs it with Tongkat Ali.
You see, cortisol is a stress hormone and Tongkat Ali has anti-stress properties. Theoretically, combining Boron with Tongkat Ali assures that you get all its manly test boosts without having to worry about elevated cortisol. Since exercise is translated by our bodies as stress, this particular pairing should be great for fitness and bodybuilding, too.
Nutrex Tested Benefits: Does it Work?
It works because Boron and Tongkat Ali works. It’s that simple. The real question is, however, is it powerful?
Compared to the best testosterone booster supplements in the market, Nutrex Tested honestly isn’t that intense. Nonetheless, it IS synergistic which isn’t something that a lot of products can claim.
Like I said, both Boron and Tongkat Ali are great testosterone boosters. With their give-and-take relationship on cortisol and Boron’s ability to reduce estrogen, they’re pretty good for promoting anabolism as well. Plus, Tongkat Ali is mainly known for sex and, obviously, that’s amazing, too.
Nutrex Tested Review Summary
- Non-proprietary – Nutrex Tested doesn’t hide its dosages and, to me, that’s always a good thing.
- Synergistic – Boron increases cortisol while Tongkat Ali brings it back down.
- Anabolic – Higher testosterone, lower estrogen, regulated cortisol
- Quality ingredients – Premium Tongkat Ali (LJ100®) and perhaps the best bang-for-buck version of Boron (Citrate)
- Hefty dosages – At 200 mg and 100 mg respectively for Tongkat Ali and Boron, these ingredients have enough to work
- Safe – Tongkat Ali and Boron are natural testosterone boosters that don’t bring any nasty side effects
- Unpowerful – I don’t want to say it’s weak because it’s not but compared to the best testosterone supplements this 2018, it’s just not that powerful a T booster
- No performance boosts? – To be fair, an anabolic metabolism almost automatically grants you stronger and bigger muscles over time. However, I don’t think Boron and/or Tongkat Ali can specifically boost muscle strength.
- Bad reviews – The good thing about this is the Nutrex website doesn’t filter their reviews. The bad thing, however, is that only 1 out of 3 customer reviews rated Tested 5 stars.
The Bottom Line
Nutrex Tested may only have 2 ingredients but they chose these two specifically for the purpose of promoting anabolism, growing lean muscles, and boosting libido. With Boron and Tongkat Ali’s simple yet synergistic efforts, I think Nutrex Tested does just that. However, I can’t say it’s the most effective supplement at what it does; neither is it the most complete. Nonetheless,