Quick Take: What I like about Nugenix PM is that it targets sleep – a part of bodybuilding that’s often overlooked. In all honesty though, it’s probably not the most powerful testosterone booster out there but as a hybrid between T booster and sleep-aid, it efficiently gets the job done. Let’s get this Nugenix PM review rolling and see how it does its magic.
- Nugenix manufactured this product, along with Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster, Nugenix Estro-Regulator, and Nugenix Ultimate.
- Advertised on its label to be a “nighttime testosterone booster”
- The legendary trio of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 is the main fuel that drives Nugenix PM
- Has a separate dose of BALCO Labs’ original ZMA® formula on top of the the above nutrients individual dosages
- Tribulus and Melatonin complement well the effects of ZMA
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including the Nugenix official website, Amazon and GNC. Prices and shipping fees may vary.
Nugenix PM Ingredients
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||450 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||11 mg|
|Zinc (as Zinc Mono-L-Methionine Sulfate and Zinc Aspartate)||30 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Fruit)(Standardized to 40% Saponins)||750 mg|
Nugenix PM Ingredients Review
Magnesium – This mineral weakens the bond of SHBG with testosterone which thereby increases levels of “free” T. Furthermore, it also reduces oxidative stress which is great, not just for testosterone but also for muscle growth. Aspartate isn’t Magnesium’s best form though but with a solid 450 mg dosage, it should be fine.
Vitamin B6 – Research suggests that lower levels of Vitamin B6 is correlated with lower levels testosterone. As with Magnesium, however, the form here on Nugenix PM isn’t the best but at 11 mg, it still looks quite capable.
Zinc – As a raw material required for testosterone synthesis, there might be no other mineral as essential to T than Zinc. Here on Nugenix PM, this mineral is given in two forms: Mono-L-Methionine Sulfate and Aspartate. Although I’d much rather have Zinc Citrate, these forms are actually quite decent, especially given its massive 30 mg dose.
The above ingredients – Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 – are collectively known as ZMA. Athletes have been using this legendary trio to help boost their testosterone, muscle growth, and recovery.
Here on Nugenix PM, it looks like there’s a separate 2400 mg dose of BALCO Labs’ original ZMA® formula to go along with Zinc, Magnesium, and B6’s individual dosages.
Tribulus Terrestris – Standardized to 40% saponins, Nugenix PM certainly has a potent version of this herb. However, regardless of potency, Tribulus Terrestris doesn’t boost testosterone in young and healthy men but it might help with older individuals. Generally though, it’s better for sex than T. Also, it promotes a deeper REM sleep which could improve muscle recovery.
Melatonin – This is one of our body’s natural hormones and its primary purpose is to rock you to sleep and regulate the circadian rhythm.
Nugenix PM Directions
Take 4 capsules 30-60 minutes before bedtime. Avoid taking it with anything that has calcium (e.g., dairy products) because calcium may play a detrimental role in Zinc absorption.
From my observations, athletes and bodybuilders mostly talk about how hard they practiced/worked out when they’re asked about how they prepared for competition. Truth is, however, that you don’t actually “build” muscle during your workouts. So, when exactly do our muscles grow?
The answer, my friends, is sleep.
Yup. That’s right. Your muscles essentially repair themselves from all the stress you gave it during your workouts when you get some shut-eye. Ironically though, working out too hard for too long – as a lot of competitive athletes are prone to do – can make it harder to fall asleep. Sort of like a post-workout insomnia, if you will. As a result, growth and recovery can be compromised. The question now is: how can we get good sleep and proper recovery while still putting in work at the gym?
Enter Nugenix PM – a testosterone supplement that specifically targets sleep and recovery.
Nugenix PM does this mainly through ZMA. The way I see it, this trio of nutrients hits two birds with one stone. Not only do Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 help maintain high levels of testosterone, they also help rock you to sleep. As a direct result, ZMA also makes it easier for your body to recover and grow.
Furthermore, Tribulus and Melatonin go well with the effects of ZMA. In particular, melatonin helps put you to sleep (like ZMA does) while Tribulus promotes a deeper REM sleep and therefore improves the quality of your ZZZ’s.
Does it Work?
As a testosterone booster, Nugenix PM pretty much only has ZMA to do the job. As such, I don’t think it’s nearly as strong as the best testosterone supplements in the 2018 market. However, Nugenix PM isn’t just a testosterone booster – it’s a “nighttime free testosterone booster”. In this sense, I think Nugenix PM is probably one of the better (if not the best) ones out there.
Nugenix PM Review Summary
- Simple – Nugenix PM gets the job done with just a handful of ingredients
- Stackable – As a nighttime testosterone booster, I think it’s best to stack Nugenix PM with a more powerful day time test supplement (e.g., Prime Male, TestoFuel, Nugenix Ultimate)
- Non-proprietary – All dosages are on full display
- Reputation – There aren’t a lot of customer reviews on Nugenix PM but on those I’ve read, the feedback is generally positive. Not a lot of complaints on side effects, too.
- Simple – Its simplicity is a double-edged sword. Particularly, its short list of ingredients also makes it far less complete compared to some other testosterone boosters. For this reason, I think it’s best stacked with other T products.
- Expensive – At $49.99/bottle, Nugenix PM isn’t actually that pricey but considering how you might be inclined to buy another daytime testosterone booster, the prices add up.
Different sources cite different dosages. In particular, the Nugenix official website lists Vitamin B6 at 11 mg and ZMA® at 2400 mg. However, on its bottle and on GNC, Vitamin B6 is listed at 10.5 mg while ZMA® is at 2430 mg.
Granted, the difference in dosage between these sources aren’t all that big but I think it’s important to point that out.
NOTE: The dosages I’m using in this review is from the Nugenix official website.
The Bottom Line
With only ZMA as its T-boosting weapon, I personally don’t consider Nugenix PM as a complete and powerful testosterone booster. However, as a hybrid between test booster and sleeping agent, I think it’s right on the money. For men who want better sleep, bolstered growth, amped up recovery, and healthy testosterone, Nugenix PM is a quality choice.
P.S.: Do consider taking stacking this supplement with a more powerful testosterone booster that you can take during the day.