Quick Take: Nugenix makes other testosterone boosters aside from Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM but generally, what I like about the brand’s supplements is that each of them effectively serve their own individual purpose. Of course, these two work differently, too. That said, let’s get the review going and see which one works best for YOU.
Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster Features
- Designed to be “a safe and specially formulated dietary supplement that helps your body increase its free testosterone”
- Has a prop blend (Nugenix® Free Testosterone Complex) of 3 ingredients sharing a massive total dosage of 2103 mg
- Testofen® is the formula’s key ingredient that boosts “free” testosterone
- Essential testosterone boosting nutrients (Vitamin B6 and Zinc) are added outside its prop blend but they both struggle with dosage
- Other ingredients include Vitamin B12, L-Citrulline Malate, and Tribulus
- Click here to read my full review on Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster
Nugenix PM Features
- Described simply as a “a nighttime free testosterone booster”
- The formula is built around a heavy of 2400 mg of BALCO Labs’ original ZMA®
- Also has separate dosages of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 for even more ZMA goodness
- Standardized Tribulus Terrestris to promote REM sleep
- Melatonin helps regulate circadian rhythm and makes it easier to fall asleep
- Click here to read my full review on Nugenix PM
Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM: My Analysis
Obviously, both these supplements are manufactured by the same brand – Nugenix. Aside from Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM, however, this brand has even more testosterone products. This includes the following:
Personally, I like how Nugenix doesn’t just tweak one formula and recycle it to make another supplement. This is evident in all of its testosterone products with each of them serving separate purposes. However, this doesn’t mean that these products don’t share at least a few similar ingredients. So, what do Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM have in common?
Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM both have Zinc, Vitamin B6, and Tribulus
Here’s a quick overview on what these ingredients do for men:
- Zinc – Because it serves as a raw material in the creation of testosterone, it’s probably the most essential mineral for T. Furthermore, it helps maintain high levels of test even after a hardcore gym session.
- Vitamin B6 – Animal research shows that lower levels of this vitamin also lead to testosterone depletion. Needless to say, this is also suggestive of Vitamin B6’s importance to T.
- Tribulus – Heavily marketed as a powerful bodybuilding and testosterone boosting herb. However, the truth is that it doesn’t actually do sh*t for muscle growth and possibly only boosts T in older men with already deficient levels of testosterone. Nonetheless, it’s great for libido.
Having described the above ingredients, you should now understand how they can all be beneficial to male health. However, their importance varies between Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM.
In particular, Zinc and Vitamin B6 aren’t actually big players in the Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster formula. At just 1 mg and 2 mg respectively, they’re both largely under dosed. In fact, I don’t think they’ll have any major impact because of this lack of milligrams.
On the other hand, Nugenix PM has given Zinc and Vitamin B6 solid dosages and therefore, letting them play HUGE parts in the formula’s design. We’ll get to how Tribulus is being utilized in both formulas in a bit but for now, let’s talk about the individual purposes of Nugenix Free Testosterone and Nugenix PM.
Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster is designed to increase “free” testosterone (duh)
Like I said, Zinc and Vitamin B6 here on Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster are essentially useless. However, it does have a solid dose of Vitamin B12. Unfortunately, this vitamin isn’t a testosterone booster but it is great for sperm. With these nutrients unable to increase “free” T, you might be wondering..
Where will the test boosts come from?
The answer lies inside the Nugenix® Free Testosterone Complex (prop blend). Specifically, this blend has a premium version of Fenugreek – Testofen® – which, according to research, effectively boosts total and “free” testosterone. Plus, the herb also boosts muscle growth and libido.
Besides Fenugreek, the prop blend also has 2 other ingredients that complement well the effects of Testofen®. Specifically, it has L-Citrulline Malate which is widely popular in the bodybuilding community for its effects on energy and circulation. Also, there’s Tribulus which adds to Fenugreek’s benefits on libido and, if you’re an older dude who’s low on T, this might help, too.
Nugenix PM is meant to be a nighttime testosterone booster
ZMA is basically a combination of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. Like I said, Zinc and B6 are essential T boosters but what you probably didn’t know is that Magnesium increases testosterone, too. Also, Nugenix PM has not one but two sources of ZMA – the individual dosages of Zinc, Magnesium, and B6 plus a separate 2400 mg of BALCO Labs’ original ZMA® stack. Wonderful!
Aside from boosting testosterone though, ZMA has been legendary in sports supplements because it also helps athletes grow and recover. How, you ask? The answer, my friends, is very simple.
Yup. ZMA also helps rock you to sleep and the more sleep you get, the better your muscles recover from exercise. Moreover, Nugenix PM has two other ingredients that go quite well with the effects of ZMA.
In particular, Nugenix PM also has Melatonin and Tribulus. Melatonin is a natural hormone which signals when it’s time for us to get some shut-eye whereas Tribulus promotes a deeper REM sleep. Together with ZMA, these ingredients boost testosterone and recovery while also comfortably tucking you into bed.
Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM Summary
Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster
- All its benefits revolve around Testofen®
- L-Citrulline Malate complements the bodybuilding prowess of Testofen® while Tribulus further boosts libido and, conditionally, testosterone.
- Under dosed and underperforming Zinc and Vitamin B6
- $69.99/bottle of 90 capsules on the Nugenix official website
- The entire formula is built around 2 huge sources ZMA
- Tribulus and Melatonin go well with ZMA and further improves sleep quality
- Helps build muscle and boost testosterone while you sleep
- $49.99/bottle of 120 capsules on the Nugenix official website
NOTE: Both these supplements are available to buy at cheaper prices on Amazon and GNC
Conclusion: Which is Better?
To be quite honest, I don’t think Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster VS Nugenix PM are as powerful as the best testosterone supplements this 2018. However, disregarding the rest of the competition, I would personally pick Nugenix PM over Nugenix Free Testosterone.
With two massive servings of ZMA, I just find it more reliable especially since Zinc and Vitamin B6 are quite literally essential for testosterone production. Plus, it’s cheaper so you’ll get a few extra bucks to spare. However, since it’s a “nighttime testosterone booster”, I suggest pairing it with a more powerful T supplement you can use during the day.
On the contrary, despite not being as reliable as Nugenix PM, I think Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster might be more well-rounded when it comes to male health thanks to Testofen®. This premium herb can be good testosterone, libido, and muscle growth and, to me, Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster does a good job complementing these effects with L-Citrulline and Tribulus.