Quick Take: Let me just put this here. THIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE, RUN-OF-THE-MILL T-BOOSTER. Ever heard of X-Men’s Wolverine? Odds are, you most likely have because in every geeky bro’s world, Wolverine is the epitome of manliness. I mean, he’s just RAGING WITH TESTOSTERONE and his real mutant ability must be that he has an endless supply of steroids. If at some point in your life you wanted to be Wolverine, well, now there might be a way with Nova X. In this review, I will show you how Nova X transforms mere mortals into mutant beasts!
- After coming off financial probelms in 2014, Gaspari Nutrition is back with a powerful T-Booster in Nova X
- Advertised to “Blow up Testosterone Levels & Crush Estrogen”
- Available to buy online (including Amazon, among others) and in retail stores (not in GNC though)
- has a 2-Stage Protective Delivery System which enhances absorption
- POTENT Mucuna Pruriens extract standardized to 98% L-DOPA
- Nova X also has Toxicodendron Vernicifluum extract standardized to Butein and other chalcones
- Diosterol™ – Branded Dioscorea Nipponica Makino
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid – Anytime I see DAA in T-boosting supplements, I’m happy
Nova X Ingredients
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Androsterone (a natural metabolite of DHEA)||50 mg|
|Mucuna Pruriens Extract (seed) Standardized to 98% L-DOPA||250 mg|
|Toxicodendron Vernicifluum Extract (standardized to Butein and other chalcones) (bark)||100 mg|
|Diosterol™ Brand Dioscorea Nipponica Makino 50-67:1 Extract (Rhizome and aerial parts) (10 – 13.4 grams whole plant) [Standardized to contain bioactive fractions rich in steroidal furostanolic saponins and glycosides: Progenin III, Protodioscin, Iridoid Glycosides, Giosgenin and 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin]||200 mg|
|DHT Inhibiting Complex:||210 mg|
|(Pygeum Africanum) Bark Extract (Guaranteed 6.5 mg [13%] total sterols including beta-sitosterol) and Saw Palmetto Berry Liposterolic Extract|
|N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid||30 mg|
Nova X’s T-Boosters
Androsterone – seen here as a natural metabolite of the WADA-banned DHEA, androsterone is a currently legal pro-hormone alternative.
Mucuna Pruriens – One of my favorite T-boosting ingredients, seeing Mucuna Pruriens here at a heavy dosage and a potent form standardized to 98% L-DOPA is as sure as you can get to getting higher T levels.
Toxicodendron Vernicifluum – Advertised by Gaspari Nutrition as “the most potent non-androgenic aromatase inhibitor”. There’s a study that might support this claim.
DHT Inhibiting Complex
- Pygeum Africanum
- Saw Palmetto Berry
On paper, those two ingredients do boost T levels by inhibiting it’s conversion into DHT. However, this may not always be a good thing since DHT is an even manlier hormone than testosterone.
N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid – Along with Mucuna Pruriens, D-Aspartic Acid is one of my favorites T-boosters because it has proven to directly boost T.
Diosterol™ – A branded, and concentrated form of Dioscorea Nipponica Makino Extract that’s standardized to include saponins and Laxogenin
- Saponins – In theory, these do contain the potential to boost T because it promotes LH. However, as seen in other saponin standardized ingredients such as Tribulus, it doesn’t necessarily mean a boost in T levels.
- Laxogenin – It’s the wild card in this formula. It may or may not boost testosterone but there’s a potential for it to be anti-inflammatory which may indirectly boost T.
Nova X Directions
In the morning, take 1 tablet on an empty stomach and a second tablet 8 hours later. The label advised a 4 week on-cycle and a 4 week off-cycle and warns not to take more than 2 tablets in a span of 24 hours.
At first glance, I thought Nova X’s dosages were weak which made me feel a little disappointed. When I finally got to serious researching though, my mind had quickly changed and I was even happy about these seemingly low dosages. According to Gaspari, Nova X has five ingredients that work in synergy and the way these ingredients work, Gaspari doesn’t seem to be false advertising. These 5 ingredients seem to target T-boosting at 5 different angles.
Nova X’s 5 ingredient approach is what makes it so powerful
- Androsterone – a metabolite of testosterone that doesn’t convert to estrogen, providing raw materials for T.
- Mucuna Pruriens – a dopamine precursor that stimulates the release of HGH
- Toxicodendron Vernicifluum – serves as a powerful aromatase inhibitor
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid – directly increasing testosterone synthesis
- DHT Inhibiting Complex – as the name suggests, inhibits T from converting to DHT
Androsterone being a metabolite of DHEA, is currently still a legal ingredient because it is technically a natural ingredient extracted from pine pollen. Though, does have a low bio-availability which is why not a lot of T-boosting products use this. However, Nova X uses trademarked LipoAbsorb™ which allows androsterone and the rest of the ingredients to be better absorbed in the intestine by protecting it from stomach acids.
Mucuna Pruriens is another ingredient to be excited about. To be more specific: L-DOPA. It stimulates the pituitary gland into releasing LH which also indirectly stimulates testosterone synthesis. Aside from releasing LH, it also causes the release of Human Growth Hormone (HGH) which basically helps muscles grow.
Toxicodendron Vernicifluum contains the active compound Butein and this is a powerful aromatase inhibitor. So powerful, I’d say, that it walks the fine line between risky and healthy. Also, Nova X’s DHT inhibiting complex does limit testosterone’s conversion to DHT which as an effect boosts levels of T, this comes at the price of lower DHT which I’m not exactly sure how to feel about.
My numero uno T-booster uses DAA as it’s primary ingredient and Nova X has even more potent form in their ranks. N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid (NMDA) has shown to be 100x more potent than DAA! That’s insanely potent! I suppose now you understand why I was happy seeing the “low” dose of 30 mg, huh? Any more and we might actually turn into mutants.
And lastly, we have Diosterol™ – the wild card. Containing Laxogenin, this has the potential of adding more T-boosting to an already heavy packed stack of T-boosters. And even if it doesn’t, Diosterol™ does pack a heavy load of saponins which are sure to make you “feel good”.
Does it Work?
At this point, this shouldn’t even be a question. In terms of boosting testosterone, then of course it does. The real question here is, will you have enough testosterone to become Wolverine? Probably not. But when you do hit the gym and lay on that bench press, each rep will feel like claws coming out of your knuckles. It’s that good. Beware the potency though. This isn’t for beginners and pansies. Nova X is for the Xtreme bodbuilder looking for xtreme gains. For novices, here’s an alternative list of the best T-boosters you can choose from.
- Potency – few other T-boosting products have this same potency in their ingredients.
- Synergistic ingredients – the ingredients mixed in to form Nova X work hand-in-hand to provide awesome, powerful T-boosting
- NO PROP BLENDS – I’m going all caps on any supplement I see without prop blends. Because I hate prop blends.
- LipoAbsorb™ – Aside from potent ingredients, Nova X has gone the extra mile by making sure these ingredients aren’t wasted.
- Safe – Doesn’t have any reported side effects if you just follow the suggested way to use it.
- Androsterone – frankly, this time, it’s a good thing finding it here. But it’s a semi-prohormone which might be banned by WADA or DFA
- DHT Inhibition – while preventing T from converting into anything else but more T sounds like a good idea, it comes at the loss of DHT which is probably a bad deal.
- Expensive – at 83$, it’s definitely a little heavy on the wallet. But with the potency that comes with Nova X, 83$ seems like a good bargain.
The Bottom Line
I’ll say it again both as a reminder and as a warning. THIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE, RUN-OF-THE-MILL T-BOOSTER. Nova X’s potency shouldn’t even be a question. You won’t become Wolverine or be a member of the X-Men but with a body loaded with testosterone and the energy to push yourself hard at the gym, you might become Mr. Olympia which is probably the closest you’ll get to mutant level. Keep in mind though that Nova X is probably a little bit too close for comfort to becoming a steroid. That being said, take this only if you’re Xtremely serious about your gains.