Quick Take: If you’re one of those dudes who aren’t satisfied with their current PWO and testosterone boosting supplements, you’re in the right place. N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx isn’t necessarily more powerful than what you’re currently taking but with its combo of nitric oxide and testosterone boosting, this could be the supplement that pushes you even further. Check out the review.
- A product of a decorated bodybuilding brand in MuscleTech
- Along with Test 3x, this product is a part of Muscle Tech’s SX-7 Black Onyx series of supplements.
- Combines the NO boosting prowess of two of the most popular amino acids in the bodybuilding industry: L-citrulline and L-arginine.
- Has potent Boron in citrate form as well as other ingredients that boost “free” testosterone and muscle growth & recovery after an intense workout.
- Seems to work best when stacked with other PWO or test boosting products.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including GNC and Amazon.
N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx Ingredients
|N.O. Pump Matrix|
|L-citrulline (as L-citrulline and PepForm® L-citrulline peptides)||1,500 mg|
|Quercetin anhydrous||200 mg|
|Red wine extract (as Vitis vinifera) (fruit) standardized for proanthocyanidis||150 mg|
|Rhodiola extract (as Rhodiola crenulata) (root) Standardized for salidrosides||771 mg|
|Broccoli (as Brassica oleracea) (sprout) Supplying diindolylmethane||250 mg|
|Boron Citrate Supplying 5% boron||200 mg|
|Bladderwrack extract (as Fucus vesiculosus) (whole plant)||50 mg|
|Ginkgo extract (as Ginkgo biloba) (leaf) Standardized for terpene lactones||5.4 mg|
N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Calcium – According to this study, the testosterone boosts that naturally come with training are further enhanced by calcium supplementation which could prove quite useful for bodybuilding and other sports.
N.O. Pump Matrix
- L-citrulline & L-arginine – Both popular in bodybuilding supplements, these amino acids raise the body’s Nitric Oxide production which then leads to enhanced circulation as well as intensifying your gym experience.
- Quercetin – Testosterone naturally converts to glucuronide where it is then excreted via urine. Quercetin prevents this conversion so you get elevated testosterone for a much longer time.
- Red wine – Supplied by N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx to contain proanthocyanidin – a compound that’s not really well researched but has shown to significantly raise Nitric Oxide levels in high doses.
- Rhodiola – As an herb with great adaptogenic value, Rhodiola helps the body maintain high levels of testosterone by protecting it against the test depleting effects of stress and fatigue that come from intense exercise.
- Broccoli – A cruciferous vegetable that contains diindolylmethane (DIM) – a compound that has aromatase inhibiting properties which help keep estrogen levels low.
- Boron – Given in its best absorbed form as Boron Citrate, this mineral is one of the best minerals out there for testosterone. It has the ability to boost total and “free” testosterone via estriadol and SHBG reduction.
- Bladderwrack – Doesn’t seem to be a testosterone booster but it does have anti-obesity benefits.
- Ginkgo biloba – Typically found in nootropics but it does have vasodilating properties which result in better blood flow.
N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx Directions
As suggested by MuscleTech, A serving (4 caplets) of N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx is to be taken once per day. They also warn about taking more than their recommended dosage so be sure not to take more than 4 caplets in a 24 hour period.
Before anything else, let’s check out what N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx was supposed to be designed for. The picture you’ll see below is a screen shot taken directly from the MuscleTech webpage on N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx.
Judging from those claims, the N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx formula is right on point. Starting off their stack with Calcium, you could already tell that this supplement was meant to be taken in conjunction with a regular workout routine to maximize the testosterone boosts that come with physical activity.
Speaking of testosterone, Boron is the only direct testosterone booster in N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx which leads me to conclude that although it works as it was supposed to, it’s not necessarily among the most powerful. If you’re the older dude who’s in need of strong testosterone boosts, you need not worry because I’ve made reviews of other great options.
With regards to bodybuilding though, N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx has you covered. It gets you better blood flow that’ll lead to better “pumps” at the gym as well as better nutrient circulation for bolstered muscle growth and recovery.
Going back to Boron, this mineral boosts “free” testosterone and along with DIM, also keeps estrogen levels low. Oh, and let’s not forget about Quercetin and Rhodiola that help maintain high levels of testosterone even after you’ve dripped a puddle of sweat. All these benefits combine to help maximize those manly gains you’re about to make.
Does it Work?
I think I’ve made it pretty obvious that yes, it does work. Then again, it’s both PWO (NO booster) and testosterone booster but it doesn’t really hit deep on both those benefits.
That said, I do agree with MuscleTech when they said that N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx works best when stacked with other PWO or test boosting supplements. Doing so, in my opinion, would only make said supplements even better. If taken alone though, you might be in for a disappointment.
- MuscleTech – They’re veterans in the bodybuilding products scene so I say they’re a pretty trustworthy company.
- Quality – Although MuscleTech didn’t specify to what percentage they standardized their ingredients, a lot of them are still top quality.
- PWO and test booster combo – This widens the demographic that N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx might positively influence.
- No proprietary blends – Full disclosure of all ingredients and their dosages? That just shows how much confidence MuscleTech has on N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx.
- All natural – So don’t expect any major side effects. The customer reviews I’ve read don’t seem to indicate any of these bad boys, too.
- Average – Although it does hit it’s target which is to boost test and NO, it doesn’t hit deep. Which leads us to…
- Expensive – Retail price is around $66 which actually fits the average price of testosterone boosters. What makes it expensive though, is that it seems to work best with other supplements so you’re going to have to shell out more cash.
- Dirty capsules – Check out the “other ingredients” on this bad boy. Man, there might be as much additives and fillers as actual ingredients.
The Bottom Line
N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx is a dual-acting supplement that works as both preworkout/nitric oxide booster and testosterone booster. Is it the best on both of those areas? Well, no. However, the formula does seem to complement other supplements of those kinds well. So if you’re looking for another product to stack with your existing supplements, N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx may just be the right choice for you.