Quick Take: These days, it seems like new trends and gadgets keep popping up everyday and kids of today’s generation are raving all about them. In a grown man’s world though, supplements that fit our manly needs are the talk of the town. In this review, let me introduce to you Modern Man – the modern testosterone and PWO hybrid, with modern ingredients, for the modern male.
- Modern Man is a company that manufacturers a handful of men’s health supplements. It just so happens that their testosterone boosting product also goes by the name “Modern Man”.
- Touted to be “formulated to promote the ideal male physique”. Who decides what’s “ideal” though?
- Also designed to be an “intense 2-in-1 thermogenic and testosterone support”
- Potent extracts of Tribulus, Fenugreek, and Ashwagandha.
- Has new but yet to be proven ingredients such as NMDA and Eria Jarensis
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon. In fact, the modern man website reroutes to Amazon if in case you wanted to make a purchase. I couldn’t find it on GNC.
|IR Testosterone Elevating Complex|
|Tribulus Terestris Extract 90% Saponins (aerial parts and fruit)||250 mg|
|Fenugreek Extract 10:1 (seed)||100 mg|
|Maca (root)||100 mg|
|Ashwagandha 8% Extract (root)||50 mg|
|Methyl D-aspartic acid (NMDA)||15 mg|
|Focus-XS Clean Energy Complex|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||150 mg|
|Eria Jarensis Extract (whole plant)||125 mg|
Modern Man Testosterone Booster’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
IR Testosterone Elevating Complex
- Tribulus Terestris – Popular in testosterone boosting supplements but what it actually does is boost libido without necessarily affecting test status.
- Fenugreek – Offers sexual and physical performance benefits but it also increases levels of “free” testosterone via aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase inhibition.
- Maca – Works in similar ways to Tribulus Terrestris. Maca boosts stamina and sex drive but it does so independent of testosterone.
- Ashwagandha – I call it the all-in-one man enhancer because it does so much for male health. As an adaptogen, it helps the body adapt to stress but it also helps improve sperm, libido, strength, and testosterone.
- Methyl D-aspartic acid (NMDA) – It’s been making rounds in the bodybuilding world saying it’s a more potent natural testosterone booster than DAA and D-AA-CC. No research seems to confirm this though.
Focus-XS Clean Energy Complex
- Caffeine Anhydrous – This doesn’t need an explanation, does it? It’s caffeine so it’s a stimulant. I wouldn’t go so far as call it a nootropic but this stimulation does get you more alert. Oh, and it burns fat too.
In the modern man’s quest to building bigger but leaner biceps and pectorals, the smarter dudes flexing their brain muscles found Modern Man Testosterone Booster’s last ingredient: Eria Jarensis. To be quite honest, Modern Man is the first testosterone boosting supplement I’ve written a review for that uses Eria Jarensis.
This plant and its active compound N-Phenyldimethylamine has been touted as “the next big thing” in the stimulant/PWO market. Given the history of powerful stimulants in the bodybuilding industry though, this may soon be banned by the FDA. For now, let’s just observe how long this thing can go.
Modern Man Testosterone Booster Directions
Each serving consists of just a single capsule and as Modern Man instructs, you’re supposed to take 2 servings (capsules) per day.
Take 1 capsule in the morning before breakfast and another one in the afternoon or before working out.
First of all, there are two blends in the Modern Man formula and thank God they’re not proprietary. Props to you, Modern Man! Second of all, you’re supposed to take 2 servings a day so the dosages you see here will be doubled and that’s a good thing.
The good things don’t stop there though. You know what else is good about Modern Man? Hella potent herbs! Now, since dosage and ingredient quality have both checked out, let’s dissect this formula even further and see if it’s actually worth sh*t.
Starting with IR Testosterone Elevating Complex, Tribulus and Maca are great at boosting libido but they’re pretty much useless for testosterone, which leaves us with Fenugreek, Ashwagandha, and NMDA. Combined, Ashwagandha and Fenugreek look like a good pairing for active, muscle building dudes who’re seeking more testosterone to fuel their growth.
The thing about Ashwagandha and Fenugreek though, is that they’re effective but they’re not THE most effective. You know what I mean? In the eyes of many people, DAA is the strongest natural testosterone booster and it has actual science to back it up. NMDA which is supposedly the more potent analogue of DAA, doesn’t have the same scientific credibility that DAA has and even if it did, what’s two doses of 15 mg going to do? Probably not much.
Moving on to Focus-XS Clean Energy Complex, it’s basically a blend of two stimulants: Caffeine and Eria Jarensis. Caffeine, of course, gives you the jittery kind of energy boost (which I personally find annoying) and added focus so yeah, I don’t like it but it fits the bill. Eria Jarensis on the other hand, may actually be “the next big thing” in PWO’s but with the history of its predecessors, it may very likely be “the next banned thing”.
Does it Work?
In my time writing reviews for testosterone boosting products, I’ve seen quite a few hybrids between testosterone boosters and preworkout supplements. However, I haven’t seen quite as much that’s designed like Modern Man. It has very limited competition in that department as far as I’m concerned.
As for the question of if it works, I do believe it does. Although, don’t expect the best ball-dropping testosterone boosts because Modern Man frankly needs work in that regard.
- Potency – Highly standardized and concentrated, these herbs are legit potent.
- Hybrid – It’s one of the better PWO/Test boosters I’ve seen.
- No prop blends – Thank you, Modern Man!
- Safe – As far as safety is concerned, I don’t see any reason why taking Modern Man will result in any major side effects. The customer reviews don’t seem to be complaining either.
- NMDA – Under researched and under dosed. Heck, let’s throw in Eria Jarensis here too.
- Focus-XS Clean Energy Complex – Because caffeine pretty much cancels out the “clean” part and I also don’t like those jitters.
- Tribulus and Maca – They’re not testosterone boosters but they’re in a blend called IR Testosterone Elevating Complex. It doesn’t add up.
The Bottom Line
Testosterone boosters and PWO’s being merged into one supplement isn’t anything new. What’s new to both worlds though, is NMDA and Eria Jarensis and Modern Man has them both. For this reason, I think Modern Man is a unique formula. However, having modern ingredients doesn’t make it a proven stack and like anything new, it still has to withstand the tests of both time and science. For what it’s worth though, it still is a decent looking hybrid .