Quick Take: What I like about Modern Man PM is that it’s innovative. Instead of going the usual route, it’s brave enough to carve its own path and in my opinion, good enough to be something entirely different. In today’s review, we dissect how this stack can change the face of nighttime testosterone boosters. Let’s go!
- Modern Man Nutrition is the company that manufactures Modern Man PM and the original Modern Man testosterone booster
- Advertised on its label for “nighttime non-stimulant weight management & testosterone support”
- Glycine + melatonin are this product’s two pillars for enhancing sleep
- Promotes lean muscle mass and testosterone through KSM-66, GABA, and Coleus Forskohlii
- Might work for insomniacs and active men who have sleep troubles after exercise
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon, eBay, and the Modern Man Nutrition official website. I can’t find it on GNC.
Modern Man PM Ingredients
|KSM-66 Ashwagandha® (Withania somnifera [rot])||250 mg|
|GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)||250 mg|
|Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract (with 20% standardized forskolin)||200 mg|
Modern Man PM – Ingredients Review
Glycine – Classified as a non-essential amino acid, Glycine is often used in bodybuilding to help improve recovery and maintain muscle mass during low-calorie diets. Unfortunately though, there are currently no human studies to confirm these effects.
Glycine might also improve sleep
Apart from its reported benefits on muscle, this amino acid also holds the ability to raise serotonin – a neurotransmitter that promotes a quiet waking state. Now, you might be asking…
If serotonin is linked with wakefulness, how do Glycine supplements help with sleep?
Well, it turns out that stress can disrupt the production of serotonin and ironically, this leads to sleep disorders such as insomnia. According to research, Glycine can help in these such cases and thereby reduce feelings of fatigue during the day.
KSM-66 – This is a branded form of Ashwagandha that’s scientifically proven to boost testosterone (17%) and sperm (167%). Furthermore, the herb also has benefits on muscle strength and sleep quality.
GABA – The primary function of this neurotransmitter is to inhibit neuron activity which then results in relaxation. Apart from its benefits on stress, mood, and cognition, GABA’s relaxing properties also make it a great sleep aid. Plus, it significantly boosts growth hormone even after exercise.
L-Theanine – As a compound commonly found in tea, it helps promote both mental and physical relaxation. As such, its sedative properties are enough for researchers to say that it’s a safe and natural sleep aid.
Coleus Forskohlii – Here on Modern Man PM, this herb is standardized for 20% forskolin – a compound that increases “free” testosterone while burning fat and supporting lean muscle growth.
Melatonin – This hormone is responsible for regulating our circadian rhythm. Basically, what it does is put you to sleep. The 5 mg dose here on Modern Man PM is pretty sweet, too, since it’s the upper limit for insomnia and occasional sleeplessness.
Modern Man PM Directions
Each serving of Modern Man PM consists of 2 capsules and as instructed, take 1 serving (2 capsules) in the evening before bed time or however your doctor suggests.
Among the many nighttime testosterone boosters that I’ve written reviews for, Modern Man PM might be the most unique so far. Why? It’s mainly because this supplement uses other ingredients instead of the typical ZMA + melatonin combo. As such, it also gives birth to another benefit that most test booster/sleep aid hybrids don’t have – fat burning.
The Modern Man PM formula starts off with Glycine which is an amino acid that regulates serotonin to help counterbalance the sleep-depriving effects of stress. Combined with Melatonin’s 5 mg dose for insomnia and occasional sleeplessness, I think this product is tailor-made for men who’re having problems falling asleep due to the sleep-depriving effects that comes with intense physical activity.
Furthermore, Modern Man PM also has GABA and L-Theanine. Both these ingredients help calm the mind and body which makes falling asleep that much easier. Throw in KSM-66 in the mix and you get better sleep quality and testosterone boosting, too. To me, this set of ingredients have so far been nothing but solid. However, the question now is…
Are these substitute ingredients better than ZMA?
The straight answer is no, it’s not. Well, at least not yet.
Modern Man PM has more to offer. Aside from KSM-66, this product also has potent Coleus Forskohlii for even more boosts in testosterone. Furthermore, this plant can also burn fat while growing muscles. The way I see it, this also goes well with GABA’s ability to bolster anabolism through powerful boosts in growth hormone.
Modern Man PM Benefits: Does it Work?
Yes, Modern Man PM works and to be honest, it’s better than what I expected. I was so accustomed to seeing the ZMA + melatonin combo that I was taken aback at how good this stack can be.
On paper, Modern Man PM has the capacity to not only improve the sleep quality, testosterone levels, and muscle recovery of gym-goers but also the actual quality of life of insomniacs. That’s already more than you can say about most nighttime testosterone boosters and Modern Man PM still has more in the bag with effective fat-burning.
Modern Man PM Review Summary
- Innovative – I like that it doesn’t take the usual ZMA + melatonin route and still does a splendid job
- 3-way hybrid – It’s not everyday that you see PM testosterone boosters and it’s even rarer that it effectively burns fat
- Safe – I don’t see these natural testosterone boosters causing you any nasty side effects.
- Reputation – Out of 418 customer reviews on Amazon, 73% of those are 5 star ratings
- Glycine – For sleep, I think it’s a very promising supplement. For weight loss and muscle recovery, however, I think its lack of human trials makes it unreliable.
- Average T boosts – Don’t get me wrong. KSM-66 and Coleus Forskohlii are great T boosters but compared to the best testosterone supplements in the market, it’s just not that strong.
The Bottom Line
Modern Man PM takes a different approach to nighttime testosterone boosting and in my opinion, it paid off. It successfully crafted a unique design that gets you virtually the same effects as most other sleep-aid/T booster hybrids but with the added benefit of fat loss. For men in their cutting phase who want to improve their sleep and boost testosterone, this one’s for you.