Quick Take: Would you believe it if I told you that a company who sells olive oil is also responsible for constructing an impressive testosterone booster? No? Well, you better believe me because that’s exactly what Physique Formula does. It actually sells a bunch of other stuff other than olive oil and supplements but more importantly to this review, they sell HE-REX – an all-natural and vegan-friendly man enhancer that’s more for sex than it is for hormones.
- A product of Physique Formula, HE-REX brands itself as a “Natural Performance Complex”.
- With all natural ingredients and vegetarian capsules, Physique Formula must love these vegans.
- High quality ingredients all across the board.
- Like the country it was pridefully made in (USA), HE-REX also gives its users the freedom to choose a flexible dosage. You’ll get this later down the review.
- Tongkat Ali (and two ginsengs) might be the only ingredients here capable of boosting testosterone.
- It’s pretty hard to find where one can buy HE-REX. It seems to be sold on Amazon and the Physique Formula website but its currently unavailable on both. GNC doesn’t even have it in the first place.
|Tongkat Ali (Root) (Eurycoma longifolia Jack Extract)||200 mg|
|Organic Maca Root (Lepidium meyenii) (6:1 Concentrate)||500 mg|
|Epimedium Extract (Horny Goat Weed) (Aerial Parts/Leaf) (Epimedium brevicornum) (min. 3% Icariin)||250 mg|
|Tribulus terrestrs Extract (Fruit)||250 mg|
|American Ginseng Root (Panax quinquefolium)||75 mg|
|Panax Ginseng Root (Panax ginseng)||75 mg|
|Muira Puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides) (Root/Stem) (12:1 Concentrate)||50 mg|
HE-REX’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Tongkat Ali – Traditionally used for libido, research on Tongkat Ali reveals that it also has testosterone boosting and adaptogenic value. One such research suggests that it can boost testosterone by 37% while also lowering the stress hormone cortisol by 16%.
Maca – Otherwise known as Peruvian Ginseng, Maca doesn’t seem to have any testosterone boosting prowess but it does do men’s libido and stamina some good regardless. In fact, a study shows that it can boost libido without necessarily affecting our manly hormones.
Horny Goat Weed – You guessed it. This one’s to get goats and people horny. Unfortunately, it’s not really a testosterone booster but really more of a testosterone mimic with amped up sex drive being the primary distinction.
Tribulus Terrestris – Uhh, I’m beginning to see a trend here. Like the two previous herbs before it, Tribulus Terrestris is also a libido booster. Unfortunately again, it’s still no good for testosterone.
American Ginseng and Panax Ginseng
There’s a lot of ginseng out there but in truth, not all of them are equally beneficial to male health. That said, if you’re a man and you’re intrigued by the man-enhancing reputation that shrouds ginseng, American and Panax (Asian) Ginseng are what you want. Hats off to HE-REX on this.
While both of them share the same active saponins called ginsenosides and they’re both adaptogens that help counter stress, they also have their differences. Panax Ginseng has a better reputation for bolstering libido and stamina while the American version looks like a better antioxidant.
Muira Puama – Aaaand, the trend goes on. More libido boosters. As a testosterone booster, Muira Puama still hasn’t been strongly backed by research.
Each serving of HE-REX consists of 2 capsules and if this is all you take per day, the bottle should last you a good 30 days. However, HE-REX also says you can take more than 1 serving per day. 1 to 3 times per day to be more accurate.
Going back to the title, HE-REX is a celibate-but-secretly-a-pervert vegetarian’s dream. With an all herb formula enclosed in veggie capsules, HE-REX delivers a potent and all natural boost in libido… and maybe testosterone.
First of all, let’s talk about the most impressive thing about HE-REX: Quality. All the herbs here except for the two ginseng are supplied in potent forms that are either extracts, standards, or concentrates and take note – THIS IS HOW EVERY SUPPLEMENT SHOULD BE! With a large of number of products in the market that give their herbs in cheap and hard-to-absorb forms, HE-REX is quite literally a present from Mother Nature.
Unfortunately, HE-REX looks more like a libido and performance enhancer rather than a testosterone booster. The only legit T booster here is Tongkat Ali and if I’m being generous, then maybe count in Panax and American Ginseng as they might indirectly support testosterone via stress regulation. Everything else, including these 3 herbs, are mainly natural sex supplements.
Even with all these potent libido boosting herbs though, HE-REX still might not be that effective for sex. To be more accurate, the effectiveness of HE-REX lies on the amount of servings you take per day. Here’s how I see it:
- 2 capsules (1 serving) per day – Decent dosage but bordering on low.
- 4 capsules (2 servings) per day – The sweet spot. Solid dosage to complement the quality of the herbs.
- 6 capsules (3 servings) per day – Overkill.
Of course, taking more servings per day cuts your supply short which means if you intend to get another bottle, you’ll be shelling out more money sooner than later. If you want better results though, this is the price you’ll have to pay.
Does it Work?
For libido, I give it a solid two thumbs up given you take 2 servings per day. For testosterone, I say it’s there (thank you, Tongkat Ali!) but not nearly enough to qualify as one of the best testosterone boosters on the planet. If I had to recommend this to anyone, I’d say this suits the older men best because these gents are the demographic that most likely suffer from low libido secondary to age.
For younger dudes looking to flex their muscles in the bodybuilding department, I’ve got other reviews you might want to check out (like TestoFuel).
- Quality – The most impressive quality of HE-REX is the quality of its ingredients. That’s word play for ya’ folks.
- Dosage versatility – While most other supplements instruct their customers a specific amount of serving(s) per day, HE-REX gives you the choice of 1 through 3.
- Safe – Because the HE-REX formula is made purely out of natural plants, it also should be free of any major side effects.
- Vegan friendly – While it’s weird to me why some people choose to cast out delicious, juicy, tender, melt-in-your mouth meat from their diets, vegetarianism is becoming a thing now.
- Weak test boosts – It’s potent, sure, but not for testosterone. With Tongkat Ali the only real test booster here, this doesn’t have the same testosterone muscle as the dinosaur it was named after (T-Rex).
- Pricey – Physique Formula Diet sells this at $50. While that’s about the average price of a testosterone booster, taking the sweet spot of two servings per day makes the bottle last just 15 days. Meaning, a month’s supply is an expensive 100 grand.
- Hard to get – Like a wife-material woman, HE-REX is pretty hard to get with both Amazon and physiqueformuladiet (dot) com currently out of stock.
The Bottom Line
Are you a vegan? Do you have troubles getting the thing between your legs up because you’re physically and sexually exhausted because Father Time caught up to you? Oh, man. That sucks. Fortunately for you though, there’s HE-REX – Mother Nature’s gift to horny, vegetarian, old-timers like you. With potent herbs and a versatile dosaging, this may not be the best for testosterone but it still is a pretty good supplement overall, especially for sex and energy.