Quick Take: The first thing I noticed about Grenade AT4 was it’s packaging. My first thoughts on this product was that it might be explosively good because hey, it’s a red grenade for Pete’s sake. I then took a look at the label and I saw some of the best well-researched ingredients for testosterone. By now, my expectations for this supplement are up in space. After I’ve analyzed the product though, I was brought back down to Earth. But hey, Earth can be a good thing too. So what do you think? Is Grenade AT4 as explosive as it looks? Or is it a dud? Read the review and find out.
- A product of Grenade®, AT4 is a testosterone booster that promises “Anabolic Devastation”.
- On their website, Grenade AT4 is advertised to be “developed to transform your body’s anabolic environment”.
- The testosterone boosts in this formula is powered by a heavy dose of D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) and this seems to be their main selling point.
- Other than DAA though, other wonderful testosterone boosters make their way into the formula such as Vitamin D and Boron.
- Even with the packaging looking like a grenade, the dosages of most of these ingredients won’t be enough to blow you away.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores. I found it on Amazon but I couldn’t get search results on GNC so it’s probably not there.
Grenade AT4 Ingredients
|VITAMIN D3, as cholecalciferol (activated 7-dehydrocholesterol)||12.5 ug|
|D-ASPARTIC CALCIUM CHELATE||1500 mg|
|FENUREXTM FENUGREEK (Trigonella foenum-graecum)||360 mg|
|PASSIFLORA CAERULEA||73.75 mg|
|BORON (as boric acid)||4.75 mg|
Grenade AT4’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D3 – In the world of testosterone boosting, Vitamin D holds a strong position with regards to healthy levels of test. As this study shows, the researchers found significant association with Vitamin D and testosterone. To make it even better, this D3 form is about 3 times more potent than the D2 form.
D-Aspartic Acid – It’s a relatively new comer in nutritional supplementation but many (including yours truly) already dub this compound as the best natural testosterone booster there is. This is because the studies that surround DAA in terms of testosterone boosting are looking very impressive. In fact, this study shows DAA increasing testosterone by 42% in just 12 days.
FenurexTM – This is a branded form of Fenugreek that’s trademarked to Grenade AT4. Unfortunately, Grenade didn’t say what makes their version of Fenugreek any different from the regular herb. Regardless, Fenugreek is still an awesome manly herb for increases in “free” testosterone by regulating DHT and estrogen. It’s also used as an athletic performance enhancer and a libido booster.
Passiflora Caerulea – Otherwise known as Blue Passionflower. According to this study, this plant has two flavones that have anti-aromatase properties. Namely, these are Chrysin and Benzoflavone Moiety (BZF). The same study suggets that BZF was better at regulating estrogen compared to Chrysin and actually, this is to be expected because Chrysin has been known to only be effective when injected directly into the testicles and no man wants that.
Boron – One of the manliest minerals in the natural testosterone boosting industry. It’s known to increase levels of androgens (testosterone and DHT in particular). The benefits don’t stop there though. Aside from increasing testosterone, it also raises levels of Vitamin D. Boron also raises levels of “free” testosterone by keeping SHBG in check.
Grenade AT4 Directions
Grenade AT4 suggests two ways to take their product.
- Take 3 capsules (1 serving) 30 minutes before breakfast and another serving 30 minutes before lunch
- Take 6 capsules (2 servings) 30 minutes before breakfast
Regardless of which option you pick, Grenade AT4 suggests that you take two servings (AND ONLY TWO SERVINGS!) for 5 days, followed by a 2 day rest period. After 8 weeks of taking Grenade AT4, take 4 weeks off before beginning another cycle.
First of all, let me just reiterate that you are supposed to take 2 servings per day. This means that the dosages of each ingredient are doubled and this is a very important variable to factor in when analyzing any supplement.
Starting with the last ingredient, Boron works well to support the other ingredients found in this formula. As I’ve said, it can raise levels of both testosterone and DHT while also increasing the amounts of Vitamin D circulating the body. Additionally, Boron doesn’t need a heavy dose to work so this 9 mg per day should work fine. These are very important aspects in this formula’s synergy. Let me explain.
Fenugreek is an all-around, multi tasking herb that not only bolsters libido and physical performance, it boosts “free” testosterone while regulating estrogen and DHT, too. DHT is an even manlier hormone than testosterone so I would typically advise against messing with it. Thankfully, while Fenugreek brings it down, Boron brings it back up. Fenugreek’s 720 mg looks a little bit low though but technically, branded ingredients are more potent and need lesser dosage to be effective so FenurexTM might still work to some degree.
Next we have Vitamin D. It’s no doubt a great testosterone booster and as I’ve said, this D3 form is so much better than other Vitamin D forms in terms of boosting test. However, even with a doubled up dose, 25 ug (the equivalent of 1000 IU) still looks like a low dose. Thankfully again, Boron raises the levels of Vitamin D in the body. Given that you eat Vitamin D rich foods and spend at least a few minutes under the sun, the synergy in Boron and Vitamin D should be able to boost testosterone to healthy levels.
When Grenade AT4 said that their ingredients were given in “clinically-tested dosages”, I believe they were referring to DAA because 3000 mg is a heavy and effective dose. To make it even better, they supply this compound in a better absorbed form of D-AA-CC. I’ve written quite a number of reviews and trust me when I say that when it comes to boosting test, it doesn’t get any better than this.
The only ingredient left to analyze is Passiflora Caerulea or Blue Passionflower. It doesn’t really have a lot of research with regards to hormonal regulation but the studies that I found look promising in terms of regulating estrogen. Taking into account Grenade AT4’s Rapid Dispersal Capsule technology, this product looks pretty decent.
Does it Work?
D-AA-CC at 3000 mg. Need I say more? Man, of course it works! In fact, my #1 rated testosterone booster is powered by this same ingredient.
However, while D-AA-CC is packed like a tank, the rest of the ingredients in the formula have puny dosages so I can’t really place Grenade AT4 in the same list with the best testosterone boosters. Even if it’s not in that list though, it still works pretty well. To make up for the low dosages, the ingredients they used worked in synergy with each other and the Rapid Dispersal Capsule technology should also have a say in the formula’s overall potency.
- D-Aspartic Acid – It’s the only heavily dosed ingredient in the formula and it’s a great one.
- Boron – Works well with the lowly dosed Fenugreek and Vitamin D.
- High Quality – Vitamin D3, D-AA-CC, and FenurexTM are better versions compared to their counterparts.
- No side effects – From the customer reviews I’ve read, there doesn’t seem to be anything major which is to be expected off this all natural formula. I did find a few complaints or irritability and acne but that’s it.
- Reputation – Most Grenade AT4 consumers think very highly of this product and a lot have reported gains in muscle mass, strength, and energy. This combination is looking solid for use in sports. Ratings from the users are pretty high too.
- Cool Packaging – I mean, wouldn’t you be attracted to a supplement that looks like a red grenade? I would.
- Low dosage – So much for their “clinically-tested dosages” claim.
- Expensive – It’s sold on their website at £49.99. That’s around $60-61. I don’t know about you but I don’t have that amount of cash just lying around.
- No cashback guarantee – A lot of testosterone boosters have this just incase you didn’t like the product. Grenade AT4 doesn’t have this same previlage.
The Bottom Line
If your goal was to boost testosterone and enhance your anabolic muscle growth, you probably won’t go wrong with choosing Grenade AT4. While I wouldn’t say that it’s the best bodybuilding testosterone booster in the market, it’s still pretty decent and it does what it was formulated to do. If the dosages of the other ingredients here aside from DAA were upped even just by a little, this supplement would’ve been on a whole new level. For what it’s worth, it gets a decent rating from me.