Quick Take: M-Test by Competitive Edge Labs, to me, truly does compete against some of the better testosterone boosters in the market. Each ingredient has a solid dose and all but one are given in potent forms. In today’s review, I’ll show you how this supplement uses multiple pathways to ultimately and effectively boost our favorite androgen.
- M-Test is a product of Competitive Edge Labs (CEL)
- On its label, it’s advertised as a “hardcore testosterone booster”
- Non-proprietary so all dosages are transparent. They’re all quite solid, too.
- Aside from Tongkat Ali, all the ingredients here are given in top-shelf forms
- Attacks testosterone boosting through different direct and indirect pathways
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find it on GNC.
Competitive Edge Labs M-Test Ingredients
|Fadogia Agrestis PE||1,200 mg|
|Divana Plex (Urtica Dioica) (Containing 3,4-Divanillytetrahydrofuran, Neoolivil, (-)-Secoisolariciresinol, Dehydrodiconiferyl Alcohol, And Isolariciresinol)||1,200 mg|
|KSM-66® Ashwagandha Root Extract (standardized for >5% withanolides)||695 mg|
|Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali)||500 mg|
|Shilajit extract (PrimaVie®) (Supplying 50% fulvic acid)||200 mg|
|Boron Citrate (200 mg. Boron Citrate supplying 10 mg. active Boron)||200 mg|
|Mucuna Pruriens SE (Precision Engineered Blend of 95% & 20% L-Dopa Extracts)||100 mg|
Competitive Edge Labs M-Test’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Fadogia Agrestis – Sadly, there isn’t much research regarding this plant when it comes to testosterone boosting. In fact, I’ve only ever seen one. That’s right. ONE. Fortunately, that particular rat research showed boosts in both libido and testosterone.
Urtica Dioica (Stinging Nettle) – By inhibiting aromatase, 5-alpha-reductase, and SHBG, this herb is capable of boosting “free” testosterone while also lowering estrogen and DHT.
Ashwagandha (KSM-66®) – Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that helps the body adapt to stress and increase muscle strength. More importantly though, this particular brand has been shown to effectively increase testosterone.
Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali) – Particularly known for its benefits in libido but like Ashwagandha, Tongkat Ali is also a natural testosterone booster that can lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
Shilajit extract (PrimaVie®) – A plant-rock hybrid found atop the Himalayas, Shilajit is an herbomineral that’s capable of supporting our androgens. Also, PrimaVie is a research-backed brand of this ingredient and it has shown boosts in “free” testosterone as well as maintenance of other androgens LH and FSH.
Boron – Aside from being proven to support testosterone, it also protects T from other hormones that would otherwise “kill” it. For instance, one research shows significant boosts in testosterone as well as lower levels of SHBG and estriadol.
According to Competitive Edge Labs M-Test, their version of Mucuna Pruriens is a “precision engineered blend” of 95% & 20% L-Dopa extracts. I’m telling you now that this is very, VERY good news.
You see, I consider Mucuna Pruriens as one of the most promising natural testosterone supplements specifically because it’s a rich source of L-Dopa and according to a research, this compound is largely responsible for this herb’s masculine benefits including boosted LH, testosterone, and sperm.
Competitive Edge Labs M-Test Directions
Each serving of Competitive Edge Labs M-Test consists of 6 capsules but as instructed by CEL, we aren’t supposed to take all 6 capsules at the same time. Instead, take 3 capsules twice a day with your meals.
On Amazon, Competitive Edge Labs M-Test is advertised to be using “clinically researched testosterone boosting ingredients at effective dosages”. Now, a lot of other testosterone products make the same claim but frankly, only a select few actually tell the truth and this product is one of them.
Among other things, this is part of what impresses me about Competitive Edge Labs M-Test. It doesn’t BS its way to raking up the sales and it lets its powerful formula do most of the talking. Plus, aside from Tongkat Ali, everything else that’s used here is given in premium, potent forms.
In fact, the two branded ingredients that it used (KSM-66 and PrimaVie) are both backed by research for testosterone. Oh, and just because the rest of the ingredients aren’t branded, that doesn’t make them any less effective as they’re standardized to contain higher concentrations of the active compounds that are largely responsible for their manly benefits.
Speaking of benefits, Competitive Edge Labs M-Test approaches testosterone boosting and male enhancement both directly and indirectly; therefore, making it more efficient and versatile. However…
…Competitive Edge Labs M-Test isn’t perfect
If there was one glaring imperfection in the CEL M-Test formula, it has to be Fadogia Agrestis and unfortunately, it’s the highest dosed ingredient on here, too. With just one research to back up its use as a testosterone booster, it’s frankly not very reliable.
Does it Work?
Hell yeah! And it’s pretty darn good, too! Aside from its potent herbal extracts and solid dosages, I think the way that it boosts testosterone via multiple pathways makes it stand above most.
Here’s a little breakdown of how I see it working:
- It optimizes the HPG (hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal) axis
- By boosting LH and FSH in our pituitary gland, it signals for testosterone and sperm production in the testes
- Protects against T-Killers
- By protecting our body against the negative implications of stress (cortisol), it also helps maintain high levels of testosterone
- By inhibiting the bioactivities of SHBG, we are left with more “free”, ready-to-use testosterone
- Prevents testosterone conversion
- By blocking the enzymes aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase, Competitive Edge Labs M-Test also lowers levels of estrogen and DHT in favor of increased test
Furthermore, CEL M-Test also helps with libido and physical performance. When it comes to bodybuilding and bolstering muscle development, the boost in “free” testosterone coupled with lower levels of estrogen and cortisol make for a more anabolic metabolism that’s suitable for growing muscles.
- Premium design – High quality ingredients and solid dosages
- Great value – Prices vary but it’s usually sold somewhere around $30. For a stack of this caliber, that’s a steal.
- Versatile – Because it utilizes multiple pathways towards testosterone boosting, it’s also beneficial for men with varying needs
- Safe – None of the ingredients here pose any risk for dangerous side effects. The customer reviews I’ve read can attest to this, too.
- Fadogia Agrestis – Because it’s largely under researched and has the highest share of milligrams, it’s also the most obvious imperfection. Well, to me, at least.
- No Vitamin D3, Zinc, or DAA – I admit I’m only being picky but personally, I think these would’ve made Competitive Edge Labs M-Test that much more effective.
The Bottom Line
If Fadogia Agrestis was replaced with something more reliable, I most likely would’ve considered Competitive Edge Labs M-Test among the best testosterone supplements in the 2017 market. Regardless, it still stands at least a few steps higher than the average test booster and because of its impressive versatility, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to any man.