Quick Take: When talking about testosterone boosters, we generally think it’s for men, right? After all, testosterone IS a masculine hormone. But what if I told you that women can benefit from these supplements, too? In this review, let me introduce you to Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula – a stack of natural ingredients for both sexes!
- Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula is, according the Cenegenics website, among their top selling supplements
- Advertised to be effective for both men and women
- This supplement is a stack of 10 natural ingredients with 9 of them being manly herbs
- A majority of these herbs are libido boosters that don’t seem to do anything for testosterone
- Has a couple of ingredients that promote estrogen
- It doesn’t seem to be sold on GNC and it’s currently unavailable to buy on both Amazon and LuckyVitamin. Prices seem to vary but if you intend to purchase this product, it’s sold at the Cenegenics website at a discount price of $74.97
Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula Ingredients
|Mucuna Pruriens Extract (Mucuna pruriens)(seeds)(40% L-dopa)||200 mg|
|Maca (Lepidium meyenii)(roots)||180 mg|
|Tribulus terrestris Extract (fruit)(45% saponins)||175 mg|
|Longjack 100:1 Extract (Eurycoma longifolia)(root)||175 mg|
|Cordyceps Extract (Cordyceps sinensis)(mycelium)(7% cordycepic acids)||140 mg|
|Muira Puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides)(bark)||125 mg|
|Horny Goat Weed Extract (Epimedium sagittatum)(aerial parts)(20% icariins)||100 mg|
|Damiana (Turnera diffusa)(leaves)||100 mg|
|Asian Ginseng (Panax ginseng)(aerial parts)(80% ginsenosides)||85 mg|
|Siberian Ginseng Extract (Eleutherococcus senticosus)(root)(0.8% eleutheroside)||50 mg|
Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Mucuna Pruriens – Standardized for 40% L-Dopa, this plant has a high concentration of its active compound responsible for its benefits on increasing LH. This, in turn, signals for increased testosterone production.
Maca – Otherwise known as Peruvian Ginseng, this herb is quite famous for its benefits on sex. This increase in libido, however, doesn’t actually translate to boosts in testosterone.
Tribulus Terrestris – Standardized for 45% saponins, this plant is top-notch in terms of boosting libido but it doesn’t seem to be a strong testosterone booster.
Longjack (Tongkat Ali) – Concentrated to a supremely potent 100:1 extract, Tongkat Ali is a legendary herb for elevating sex drive. Furthermore, research has shown that it also helps balance out cortisol and testosterone which potentially makes it good for bodybuilding as well.
Cordyceps – This one’s a fungus that grows on the back of insects. Generally, the research surrounding its benefits on testosterone have glaring holes (including the probability of increasing estriadol) but it does have potential.
Muira Puama – Traditionally used for boosting libido but it doesn’t seem to be a proven testosterone booster.
Horny Goat Weed – The name itself should tell you what this is for. It’s a testosterone mimic more than a testosterone booster with its most prominent effect being heightened libido.
Damiana – It has aromatase inhibiting properties which theoretically lowers levels of estrogen but it also has phytoestrogens that mimic the effects of the said female hormone. Pretty questionable choice if you ask me.
Asian and Siberian ginseng
Both of these species of ginseng have stress-relieving adaptogenic properties. However, how they manage stress seems to be somewhat different. Both have of them seem capable of limiting oxidative damage with their antioxidants but Asian Ginseng also lowers levels of cortisol (stress hormone) while its Siberian counterpart lowers inflammation.
Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula Directions
Each serving of Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula consists of 2 capsules and as instructed by Cenegenics, we are to take 2 servings per day for a total of 4 capsules daily.
What I personally find so interesting about Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula is that it’s marketed to be designed for both men and women. This is a rarity among testosterone boosting products because most of what’s on the market target the hairier (male) sex. In fact, a lot of them even warn against use by women.
Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula on the other hand, has a formula that can truly benefit both ends of the gender spectrum. To me, this explains the inclusion of Damiana and Cordyceps which have pro-estrogen effects. Normally, testosterone products are anti-estrogen but since Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula also targets women’s health, both seem just justifiable.
The way I see it though, this unique versatility is also its downfall as men and women have different hormonal requirements. Too much testosterone and it could be bad for the ladies and consequently, too much estrogen could spell disaster for the gents.
That said, Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula does seem to balance things out quite well. In particular, it doesn’t have a lot of testosterone boosters which should be safe for women but it’s also filled with potent herbs for improving sex drive. I don’t really need to tell you this but obviously, sex is good for both sexes.
Does it Work?
For testosterone, Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula has top-shelf Tongkat Ali and Mucuna Pruriens at decent dosages so, yes, it likely works. However, I wouldn’t line it up among the best testosterone boosters because it’s more of a libido booster than anything else.
Moreover, it probably has benefits on muscle building too. Specifically, the two species of ginseng included in the formula are pretty good adaptogens that may help your muscles recover after you blast it with stressful lifts at the gym.
- All natural – No false marketing here. Even its “other ingredients” aren’t dirty.
- Mucuna Pruriens and Tongkat Ali – Pretty much the only reliable herbs for testosterone in the entire formula
- Sex – I don’t know any grown man (or woman) who thinks this is a bad thing
- Transparent – Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula is honest about its ingredients and all its dosages
- Weak T boosts – Compared to the likes of Prime Male, this doesn’t even hold a candle
- Limited reviews – As of today, Amazon only has 9 customer reviews and, well, that’s not a large sample size. From those reviews though, I haven’t read any reports of major side effects
- Stock Clearance – In the words of Cenegenics, “All products listed for Stock Clearance may be set to expire 2017-18 or will be discontinued for newly formulated inventory coming soon!” If you want to give this stack a try, you better buy it soon.
The Bottom Line
Men are built with more testosterone and women with more estrogen. This hormonal difference might be part of the reason why one gender has a hard time understanding the other but if there’s one thing that both sexes can agree on, it’s that sex feels devilishly good. Although Cenegenics Elite Performance Natural Testosterone Formula isn’t a strong testosterone booster, its potent benefits on libido is something that any man and woman can take advantage of.