Quick Take: I don’t know about you but as a kid, I didn’t like eating my vegetables. If mom’s not looking, I’d push them to the side or give those greens to the dog. Heck, even now that I’m all grown up I still take second guesses when I’m served a plate of vegetables. I’m pretty sure it’s not just me though. Unfortunately for us, those greens have a lot of vitamins and minerals that can boost our manhood. But luckily, we have an ally in Clean Machine’s all-vegetarian T-boosting formula. In this review, you’ll see how vegan-friendly supplements like Cell Block 80 can still benefit a carnivore like you.
- Cell Block 80 is one of only two products made my Clean Machine (The other one is Clean BCAA)
- It was awarded as a finalist for Virgo’s SupplySide sports nutrition product of the year in 2013.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores (including Amazon and GNC)
- DM33® Prickly Pear – A Cell Block 80 exclusive
- Sensoril® – Top shelf branded Ashwagandha
- Stinging Nettle with a 12:1 ratio. High concentration right there.
Cell Block 80 Ingredients
Cell Block 80’s T-Boosters
Sensoril® – Is a high-quality branded form of Ashwagandha. This ayurvedic herb is an adaptogen that, well.. helps you to adapt to stress by lowering cortisol which may then lead to higher levels of testosterone.
Boron – Along with Zinc, Boron is one of the best T-boosting minerals out there. This study has shown that supplementing with boron significantly increases testosterone levels while also limiting estriadol and blocking SHBG.
To be honest, even these “other ingredients” have the potential to boost testosterone. Cell Block 80’s formula is so good that even their oddballs have that X-factor effect on supplementation.
DM33® – This is a branded Prickly Pearl Extract exclusive only to cell block 80. According to this study referenced by Clean Machine themselves, Prickly Pearl has the potential to boost testosterone by inhibiting DHT conversion and aromatase inhibition – both by 80%.
Stinging Nettle – This is one of those herbs that MAY OR MAY NOT boost testosterone. But if it does boost T, it does so in multiple angles.
Stinging Nettle’s 3-pronged T-boosting approach
- aromatase inhibitor – blocking the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
- Inhibiting 5a-reductase – stopping testosterone from converting to DHT.
- Binding with SHBG – it takes T’s place in binding with SHBG which may mean a rise in “free” testosterone.
Cell Block 80 Directions
Take one capsule in the morning with breakfast and another capsule at night with dinner. Take both with a full glass of water.
Note: Those over 200 lbs may take a 3rd capsule.
First on the list is the Cell Block Exclusive DM33®. This prickly pearl extract may not be the most well-researched but it definitely shows promise. Even without the T-boosts, it has a long list of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits which is always a good thing. If it does work as the research states, then get ready for some serious testosterone outbursts. Though, I don’t like the idea of inhibiting DHT because it’s an even better hormone than T in terms of manliness. And that aromatase inhibition doesn’t sound too shabby either.
Next we have Ashwagandha. Adding an adaptogen that helps you lower stress levels is always a good idea. At first glance, 125 mg seems to be a low dosage but considering that it’s taken twice a day and given at a quality branded form in Sensoril®, 250mg looks to be hitting just the right spot.
Thirdly, there’s Stinging Nettle. Whether it increases levels of testosterone remains to be a question. However, it DOES inhibit SHBG and aromatase activity which then promotes healthy levels of T. In particular, this is most beneficial to older gents struggling to keep their test levels in check.
Last but not the least, here we have Boron. It might be the perfect mineral for boosting T. Why, you ask? Because not only does it raise levels of T, it does so without compromising levels of DHT. It gives you testosterone boosts while also decreasing estriadol and SHBG. Looking at it though, 5 mg seems to be a low dose but fortunately, Boron Citrate is the best form of boron there is. Props to Cell Block 80 on this one.
Does it Work?
Well, does it? Considering that Boron and Ashwagandha are in the formula, then yea, I’m pretty sure it does increase your T’s. But probably not as much as you’d hope. Bear in mind though that you have two other X-factor ingredients in the formula. If DM33® and Stinging Nettle do their job as T-boosters, then you have yourself one very potent T-boosting stack. Either way, you can rest assured that what’s put into this stack are 4 high quality ingredients (2 branded and standardized, one very concentrated, and the last one in its best form).
- Vegetarian – Which means virtually anyone can take it.
- Clean & Healthy – Well, simply because it’s all natural vegetarian.
- Premium quality ingredients – Clean Machine wasn’t being cheap on this. That’s for sure.
- Multi-angled approach – Each of those ingredients don’t just boost testosterone. They do things that support it.
- DM33® – Exclusively found in Cell Block 80. Anytime a supplement uses quality branded products, I’m all for it.
- Reputation – The customer reviews I’ve seen are generally telling how good it is for their vegetarian bodybuilding, muscle pumping needs.
- No side effects – This is to be expected of a T-booster that’s all natural.
- DM33® – I know I said this is a good thing but it does block DHT and considering how manly DHT is, I don’t want to mess with it.
- Modest T-boosts – Unless those X-factor ingredients work, this isn’t exactly what I’d call powerful.
- Expensive – 70$ a bottle (1 month) for not-too-powerful testosterone boosts seems a little too much for me.
The Bottom Line
Both of Clean Machine’s supplements (Cell Block 80 and Clean BCAA) were finalists for “Best Sports Nutrition Product of the Year”. That, to me, spells quality and it’s evident in the ingredients that they used. Sure, the T-boosting potential isn’t quite as big as some of my favorite T-boosters but if there’s anything you and I can both be sure about, it’s that it’s clean and still otherwise effective for a formula that has only 4 ingredients.