Quick Take: If there’s such a thing as a man of few words then Black Lion Research Viron is a testosterone booster of few ingredients. Specifically, it only has two. Obviously, this has its pros and cons. For instance, the overall dosage is quite solid but it also lacks the diversity of supplements who have more elements to its formula. Let’s get to the review and dig deeper, shall we?
- A product of Black Lion Research, Viron is one of the company’s multitude of bodybuilding supplements
- Black Lion Research simply advertises Viron as a testosterone booster that’s “all about male strength and virility”
- It only has 2 ingredients: Tongkat Ali and Boron
- Tongkat Ali’s form isn’t specified but Boron is supplied in potent Citrate form. Dosages for both are solid.
- May help build bigger and stronger muscles by optimizing your hormones for anabolism
- Some Black Lion Research products such as Rebirth, Follidrone, and of course Viron are available to buy on Amazon. I couldn’t find them on GNC though.
Black Lion Research Viron Ingredients
|Eurycoma Longifolia||250 mg|
|Boron Citrate||10 mg|
Black Lion Research Viron’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Eurycoma Longifolia – Otherwise known as Tongkat Ali, this herb is native to Southeast Asian countries such as Indonesia and Malaysia and has been traditionally used to increase libido. Beyond the realms of sex though, Tongkat Ali has been shown in a couple of researches to be capable of boosting testosterone while also lowering levels of cortisol and estrogen. These particular benefits also make it quite the promising herb for bodybuilding.
Boron – I personally consider this mineral as one of the best natural testosterone boosters because it simply does so much for us men. For instance, it boosts 2 major androgens in T and DHT while also lowering levels estrogen and SHBG for an overall more masculine hormonal profile. Furthermore, it also helps boost levels of other testosterone boosters such as Vitamin D and Magnesium.
Black Lion Research Viron Directions
Each serving of Viron consists of just a single capsule but as suggested by Black Lion Research, we are to take 1-2 to capsules per day (in the morning and at night). Black Lion Research also suggests cycling Viron on 5 days on, 2 days off cycle.
Honestly, there’s not much to analyze here because compared to some of the top testosterone boosters in 2017, the number of ingredients used by Black Lion Research Viron (2) is obviously low. Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying it’s a bad product. Well, not before I’ve actually analyzed it, at least. I’ve written reviews of other supplements that don’t have a wide variety of ingredients and some of them turned out okay so maybe this’ll be fine, too.
That said, let’s get on with the analysis.
First off, assuming that you do take 2 capsules per day, dosage doesn’t seem like it’ll be a problem. A total of 500 mg for Tongkat Ali and 20 mg for Boron is most likely going to make these ingredients effective. When it comes to quality, Boron’s citrate form is going to make it easy for our bodies to absorb so that’s cool.
Unfortunately though, when it comes to Tongkat Ali, Black Lion Research failed to specify the quality used in Viron and that’s actually quite important. As such, I’m assuming they used plain Tongkat Ali. Compared to other, more specialized versions, this is the least bioactive. Going back to its solid dosage though, it should still be effective albeit to a lesser degree.
Overall, I say Black Lion Research Viron is a so-so formula for boosting testosterone and building muscles.
Does it Work?
According to Black Lion Research:
- “Viron is the key to Natural muscle building, and all things male. Great for stand alone use, Stacked with any of our products or as part of a PCT stack.”
In that sense, I say Viron works. It boosts testosterone which also leads to better protein synthesis resulting in bolstered muscle growth. Along with boosted testosterone, Black Lion Research Viron also lowers levels of catabolic hormones estrogen, SHBG, and cortisol so your internal metabolism is fine-tuned for anabolism. However, because of its glaring lack of ingredients, it also lacks the versatility of other, more diverse supplements.
- Dosage – By using only 2 ingredients, Black Lion Research Viron has the advantage of being able to pack on more milligrams
- Safe – Neither of the two ingredients here carry the risk of major side effects
- Anabolic – Boosts androgens T and DHT, lower the rest (estrogen, SHBG, cortisol)
- Reputation – From the customer reviews I’ve read, Black Lion Research has a pretty good reputation with its customers. Specifically for Viron, the ratings are generally high too.
- Limited – This is basically what you’d expect from a 2-ingredient formula
- Tongkat Ali – It’s a great ingredient for male health but I hate that Black Lion Research Viron doesn’t specify its quality
- “Other Ingredients” – Cellulose, Rice Flour, Sillicon Dioxide, FD&C Blue #1. Viron basically has more of these than actual ingredients.
The Bottom Line
Black Lion Research Viron successfully made a testosterone booster that also works well with bodybuilding using just 2 ingredients. To be completely honest though, there are other natural supplements in the market that do a better job at what Viron does for just a few more dollars (e.g., Testofuel). Still, for young men looking to upgrade their fitness experience, this could be a good option.