Quick Take: When I see “male performance” and a giant “X” together, I automatically think of sex. I mean, really, doesn’t that sound like a random ad on a porn site to you? On a more serious note, the BioXgenic High Test formula does have its benefits on sex. However, with its 4 factored approach to male health, sex is surely not the only thing it targets. I won’t spill too much detail here so let’s jump to the review.
- High Test is a product of BioXgenic which is a brand that supplies daily products for sexual health.
- As their website states, BioXgenic High Test is “Physician Approved”. I don’t know how true that is though.
- Also on their website, this supplement to is meant to be your “X Factor” for promoting lean muscle, energy, libido.
- The formula includes amino acids that’re meant to increase levels of growth hormone for abundant gains in muscle mass.
- Aside from natural testosterone boosting botanicals and sex enhancing ingredients, the formula also includes elements that protect prostate health.
- This testosterone booster is available to buy online and in retail stores including GNC and Amazon.
BioxGenic High Test Ingredients
|Zinc (as Zinc Oxide)||30 mg|
|Proprietary Blend||2015 mg|
|Hormone Releasing X Complex||525 mg|
|L-Glutamine (as free form amino acid); L-Arginine as HCL; L-Lysine as HCL; L-Tyrosine (as free form amino acid); GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid); L-Ornithine as HCL.|
|Testosterone Boosting X Complex||600 mg|
|Testofen® (Fenugreek Extract standardized for Fenuside™)|
|Natural Factors X Complex||500 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Standardized to 40% furostanol saponins and 20% Protodioscin); Eurycoma Longifolia (20:1 extract); Avena Sativa (10:1 Extract)|
|Prostate Safety X Complex||390 mg|
|Saw Palmetto (50% sterols and free fatty acids); Beta Sitosterol; Bioperine®|
BioxGenic High Test’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Zinc – This ingredient is one of the manliest minerals for testosterone. It attacks testosterone boosting through multiple pathways which include being a raw material for testosterone, signaling for test synthesis and release, maintaining testorone decline after an intense workout, and reducing the female sex hormone prolactin. Unfortunately, the oxide form given here is poorly absorbed. That 30 mg dose is looking hefty though.
Hormone Releasing X Complex
- L-Glutamine – This is the most abundant amino acid in the body and has a role in protein synthesis. Also, according to this study, Glutamine has shown to increase levels of growth hormone.
- L-Arginine – It’s best known for inceasing blood flow via Nitric Oxide production but according to this study, it also stimulates the release of growth hormone.
- L-Lysine – This is another amino acid essential for building protein which as we all know, is important for growth. According to this article, Lysine is taken by athletes to help muscle tissue recovery.
- L-Tyrosine – It’s a non-essential amino acid that plays an important role in the production of epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine. Some athletes take this to improve physical performance but there doesn’t seem to be a study that supports this claim.
- GABA – This study showed that ingesting GABA increased levels of resting and post-exercise growth hormones by as much as 400%.
- L-Ornithine – This is somestimes used in bodybuilding for enhanced recovery and to fight fatigue. It also has the capacity to stimulate the release of pituitary hormones such as growth factor.
Testosterone Boosting X Complex
- Testofen® – A branded form of Fenugreek standardized for fenusides. This herb can boost libido, muscle strength, and “free” testosterone but it also seems capable of boosting growth hormone. As this rat study suggests, Fenugreek has two components that are capable of increasing levels of GH.
Natural Factors X Complex
- Tribulus Terrestris – Potently standardized for 40% furostanol saponins and 20% Protodioscin, Tribulus Terrestris is one of the most popular ingredients found in testosterone boosters but, in truth, it doesn’t actually do much for test. It is, however, great for libido.
- Eurycoma Longifolia – Concentrated to a 20:1 extract, Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali) has been traditionally used to enhance male vitality and virility. Specifically for testosterone, one study shows that it can increase levels of testosterone by up to 37%.
- Avena Sativa – More popularly used in nootropics, this concentrated 10:1 extract version of Oat Straw can influence Alpha brainwaves for creative and abstract thinking.
Prostate Safety X Complex
- Saw Palmetto – Standardized for 50% sterols and free fatty acids, this herb has been popularly used for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and low libido. As a testosterone booster, this article states that saw palmetto can inhibit 5a-reductase from converting T into DHT.
- Beta Sitosterol – This plant steroid is derived from the above plant (Saw Palmetto). They both serve the same function.
- Bioperine® – Not a testosterone booster by any means but it enhances the bioavailability of the other ingredients in the formula.
BioxGenic High Test Directions
Take one 1 capsule 3 times daily.
BioXgenic High Test is capable of many things but first and foremost, let’s talk about how it boosts testosterone. BioXgenic High Test has a heavy dose of Zinc that although isn’t at its best form, should still be able to supply the raw essentials needed for testosterone synthesis. It also has potent forms of Tongkat Ali and Fenugreek that, aside from boosting “free” testosterone, can also help elevate libido and build stronger/bigger muscles.
Furthermore, BioXgenic High Test also has Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol. Along with Fenugreek, they inhibit the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme from converting testosterone into another androgen known as DHT. Aside from the boost in “free” testosterone that the inhibition of this enzyme can do, it also helps promote a healthy prostate. There’s a catch though.
DHT is generally a more potent androgen than testosterone
DHT usually gets a bad rap because excess levels of this androgen have been correlated to male pattern balding and enlarged prostates on older men who’re genetically predisposed to these conditions. However, DHT really isn’t as bad as many people think. In fact, it’s generally the most potent androgen everywhere except skeletal muscle where testosterone reigns supreme. That said, if you’re young, I urge you not to lower your DHT levels so recklessly and if you’re an older dude, I also think it’s better to check with your doctor first before doing anything you might regret.
Moving on, I think BioXgenic’s Hormone Releasing X Complex is very well planned out. The supplements used in this blend help with anabolic muscle growth through protein synthesis, mood, muscle recovery, and a whole lot of growth hormone. Lastly, I also feel like the effects of the Natural Factors X Complex blend on libido and cognition go well with the effects of the rest of the BioXgenic High Test formula.
Does it Work?
The claimed benefits of BioXgenic High Test are as follows:
Judging from the ingredients they chose to put in this formula, those 4 claimed benefits are already taken cared of. So does BioXgenic High Test work? You know damn well it does. Testosterone? Zinc, Tongkat Ali and Fenugreek. Strength and muscle? Check out those amino acids. Prostate health? Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol’s DHT blocking has this covered. More importantly, this rise in “free” testosterone also comes with libido and energy.
As a whole, this is a pretty solid formula that looks to be better for older men looking for a boost in their gym and sexual performance as well as testosterone. Actually, these older uncles are the ones who NEED the DHT inhibition and the prostate protection that comes with it.
- Solid dosages – Even if the dosages of the ingredients (except Zinc’s and Testofen’s) are hidden in their respective prop blends, the overall dosage looks solid.
- Quality – A lot of the ingredients here are either standardized, concentrated, or branded.
- No side effects – From the customer reviews I’ve read, there doesn’t seem to be any reports of anything major. Also, the ingredients here don’t have any conflicting effects and are generally well tolerated especially with the quality that they come in.
- Effective Strategy – They chose to focus on 4 aspects of manly health and they delivered.
- PROP BLENDS – First things first. If I am to buy a supplement, I want to know the dosages of all the ingredients and these prop blends aren’t helping.
- DHT inhibition – Again, I wouldn’t advise messing with his hormone.
- Lacks Power – Don’t get me wrong. Zinc, Tongkat Ali, and Fenugreek are awesome natural testosterone boosters but compared to some of the best test products in the market, BioXgenic High Test just doesn’t come to me as “strong”.
- Expensive – The formula is great and all but $60 for a bottle worth 15 days? That’s a total of $120 for a full month! I don’t know about you but I certainly would have to break the bank to buy this.
The Bottom Line
Personally, at first glance, BioXgenic’s label looked like a porn ad for penis enlargement but this supplement has reminded me not to judge a book by its cover because if you look beyond the label, what you’ll find is a great bodybuilding formula. It’s not on my list of the best testosterone boosters because really, it doesn’t boost test that much but it still holds pretty high value in my eyes. Probably the biggest downside to this is that the package only comes with a 15 day supply. Come on BioXgenic. Don’t leave us hanging.