Quick Take: When I see “male performance” and a giant “X” together, I automatically think of sex. I mean, really, doesn’t that sound like a random ad on a porn site to you? I hope it’s not just me who thinks that because that would be weird. That said and judging from BioXgenic High Test’s label, this formula seems to be hinting on sex benefits and looking at the formula, I might not be far from the truth. However, sex isn’t the only thing BioXgenic High Test targets. The formula offers a 4 factored approach to masculine health and oh boy, is it good. I won’t spill too much detail here so let’s get jump to the review.
- BioXgenic High Test is a product of the brand BioXgenic which supplies daily products for sexual health.
- As their website states, BioXgenic is “Physician Approved”. I don’t know how true that is though.
- Also on their website, this supplement to is meant to be your “X Factor” for promoting lean muscle, energy, libido.
- The formula includes amino acids that’re meant to increase levels of growth hormone for abundant gains in muscle mass.
- Aside from natural testosterone boosting botanicals and sex enhancing ingredients, the formula also includes elements that protect prostate health.
- This testosterone booster is available to buy online and in retail stores including GNC and Amazon.
|Zinc (as Zinc Oxide)||30 mg|
|Proprietary Blend||2015 mg|
|Hormone Releasing X Complex||525 mg|
|L-Glutamine (as free form amino acid); L-Arginine as HCL; L-Lysine as HCL; L-Tyrosine (as free form amino acid); GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid); L-Ornithine as HCL.|
|Testosterone Boosting X Complex||600 mg|
|Testofen® (Fenugreek Extract standardized for Fenuside™)|
|Natural Factors X Complex||500 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Standardized to 40% furostanol saponins and 20% Protodioscin); Eurycoma Longifolia (20:1 extract); Avena Sativa (10:1 Extract)|
|Prostate Safety X Complex||390 mg|
|Saw Palmetto (50% sterols and free fatty acids); Beta Sitosterol; Bioperine®|
BioxGenic’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Zinc – This ingredient is one of the manliest minerals for testosterone. It attacks testosterone boosting through multiple pathways which include being a raw material for testosterone, signaling for test synthesis and release, maintaining testorone decline after an intense workout, and reducing the female sex hormone prolactin. Unfortunately, the oxide form given here is poorly absorbed. That 30 mg dose is looking hefty though.
Hormone Releasing X Complex
- L-Glutamine – This is the most abundant amino acid in the body and has a role in protein synthesis. Also, according to this study, Glutamine has shown to increase levels of growth hormone.
- L-Arginine – It’s best known for inceasing blood flow via Nitric Oxide production. According to this study, Arginine stimulated the release of growth hormone. Coupled with exercise, the effects of growth hormone have shown to be better.
- L-Lysine – This is another amino acid essential for building protein which as we all know, is important for growth. According to this article, Lysine is taken by athletes to improve athletic performance by helping muscle tissue to recover faster.
- L-Tyrosine – This non-essential amino acid plays an important role in the production of epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine which are neurotransmitters/hormones that improve mood. Some athletes take this amino acid for improvements in physical performance but there doesn’t seem to be a study that supports this claim.
- GABA – This study showed that ingesting GABA increased levels of resting and post-exercise growth hormones by as much as 400%.
- L-Ornithine – This amino acid is somestimes used in bodybuilding for enhanced recovery and to fight fatigue. This ingredient has the capacity to stimulate the pituitary gland which results in the release of pituitary hormones such as growth factor.
Testosterone Boosting X Complex
- Testofen® – A branded form of Fenugreek standardized for fenusides. This one of the most famous herbs in testosterone boosters that may actually be one of the few that can increase both testosterone and growth hormone. According to this rat study, Fenugreek has two components that are capable of increasing levels of growth hormone. As a testosterone booster, it acts as an aromatase and 5a-reductase inhibitor.
Natural Factors X Complex
- Tribulus Terrestris – Standardized to 40% furostanol saponins and 20% Protodioscin, Tribulus Terrestris is also one of the most common ingredients found in testosterone boosters but I wouldn’t actually call it a testosterone booster. It does, however, improve physical performance and libido.
- Eurycoma Longifolia – Concentrated to a 20:1 extract, Eurycoma Longifolia or Tongkat Ali has been traditionally used to enhance male vitality and virility but it also doubles as a powerful testosterone booster with one study showing that it can increase levels of testosterone by up to 37%.
- Avena Sativa – More popularly used in nootropics, this concentrated 10:1 extract version of Oat Straw can influence Alpha brainwaves for creative and abstract thinking.
Prostate Safety X Complex
- Saw Palmetto – Standardized to 50% sterols and free fatty acids, this herb has been popularly used for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and reduced sex drive. As a testosterone booster, this article states that saw palmetto could inhibit 5a-reductase which results to more “free” T by blocking the conversion of testosterone to the manlier DHT.
- Beta Sitosterol – This plant steroid is derived from the above plant (Saw Palmetto). They both serve the same function.
- Bioperine® – Not a testosterone booster by any means but it enhances the bioavailability of the other ingredients in the formula.
Take one 1 capsule 3 times daily.
All in all, the entire formula has 5 testosterone boosters: Zinc, Fenugreek, Tongkat Ali, Saw Palmetto, and Beta Sitosterol. Firstly, Zinc (as I’ve already stated) is one of the manliest hormones for testosterone acting on test boosts via multiple pathways. This formula’s branded form of Fenugreek and concentrated form of Tongkat Ali is also definitely worth noting considering that these ingredients raises levels of “free” T which is actually more important in bodybuilding. Similarly, they also boost sex and performance. Saw Palmetto, Beta Sitosterol, and a little bit of Fenugreek’s testosterone boosting route is a bit questionable though because they raise levels of “free” test by blocking testosterone from converting to the manlier DHT.
BioXgenic’s Hormone Releasing X Complex is very well planned out. The ingredients in this blend are basically a blend of amino acids required for protein synthesis, mood enhancers, muscle recovery boosters, and a whole lot of growth hormone which all sum up to better anabolic growth. BioXgenic’s Natural Factors X Complex’s Tribulus and Avena Sativa go well with these ingredients considering that they also boost athlethic performance and cognitive thinking.
The ingredients of this formula’s Prostate Safety X Complex have already been discussed (Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol) except BioPerine. No testosterone or masculine benefits whatsoever but by enhancing the absorption of the entire formula, this is always a welcome addition to any supplement.
Does it Work?
The claimed benefits of BioXgenic are as follows:
Judging from the ingredients they chose to put in this formula, those 4 claimed benefits are already taken cared of. So does BioXgenic work? You damn know it does. Testosterone? Zinc, Tongkat Ali and Fenugreek. Strength and muscle? Check out those amino acids and Tribulus. Prostate health? Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol’s DHT blocking has this covered. And you know damn well that a rise in “free” testosterone also comes with libido and energy.
As a whole, this is a pretty solid formula that looks to be better for the older men (who aren’t TOO old) looking for a boost in their gym and sexual performance as well as testosterone. These older uncles are actually the ones who NEED the DHT inhibition and the prostate protection that comes with it.
- Solid dosages – even if the dosages (except Zinc’s and Testofen’s) of the ingredients are hidden in a prop blend, the overall dosage is looking pretty solid.
- Quality – A lot of the ingredients here are either standardized, concentrated, or branded.
- No side effects – From the customer reviews I’ve read, there doesn’t seem to be any reports of anything major. Also, the ingredients here don’t have any conflicting effects and are generally well tolerated especially with the quality that they come in.
- Effective Strategy – They chose to focus on 4 aspects of manly health and they delivered.
- PROP BLENDS – First things first. If I am to buy a supplement, I want to know the dosages of all the ingredients and these prop blends aren’t helping.
- DHT inhibition – Again, I wouldn’t advise messing with his hormone.
- Lacks Power – Zinc, Tongkat Ali, and Fenugreek are awesome natural testosterone boosters but they can only do so much. The formula as a whole lacks the powerful testosterone boosting of some of the most powerful natural testosterone boosters available in the market. Check out this DAA-powered testosterone booster and you’ll see what I mean.
- Expensive – The formula is great and all but $60 for a bottle worth 15 days? That’s a total of $120 for a full month! I don’t know about you but I certainly would have to break the bank to buy this.
The Bottom Line
Personally, at first glance, BioXgenic’s label looks like a porn ad for penis enlargement but this supplement has reminded me not to judge a book by its cover. Because if you look beyond the label, what you’ll find is a great bodybuilding formula. It’s not in my list of the best testosterone boosters because really, it doesn’t boost test that much but it still holds pretty high value in my eyes. Probably the biggest downside to this is that the package only comes with a 15 day supply. Come on BioXgenic. Don’t leave us hanging.