Quick Take: Get ready to read the review of a lifetime! I’m kidding. This is going to be a very short review of a very, very, VERY short formula. I mean, technically, I’m not even reviewing a formula. I’m reviewing an ingredient. Yep, you read that right. AN INGREDIENT. As in ONE. Andro400 claims to be the #1 natural testosterone booster since 2004 and they try to back this claim up using ONLY Tongkat Ali. They claim to melt belly fat, gain energy, and increase sex drive. Will Tongkat Ali live up to the hype? Or will it be the Kwame Brown of T-boosting? Let’s find out.
- Manufactured by Natural Health Concepts, Andro400 is a one ingredient wonder (or bust?) that claims to naturally increase testosterone levels.
- Natural Health Concepts offers two Andro400 products. Namely: Andro400 and Andro400 Max
- Available to buy online and in retail stores (including Amazon but probably not in GNC).
- Their website also lists 17 different benefits from youthful testosterone levels
- The way they advertise their “formula” seems to be geared towards energy, belly fat, testosterone, and libido.
- A very concentrated form of Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali) at 100:1 ratio.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Eurycoma Longifolia (radix) root extract (100:1)||
Eurycoma Longifolia – A Malysian ginseng traditionally used as a sex-enhancer. However, recent studies have shown that it might have potential as a testosterone booster and an anti-estrogen.
Like I said, there’s only one ingredient in this supplement. You may skip on directly to the next part. The “other ingredients” on the label are for packaging purposes and aren’t part of this review. But if you really had to see them, here they are: Rice flour, gelatin capsule.
take 2 capsules daily for a total of 300 mg.
Well, the Andro400 formula technically isn’t even a formula. It’s just a single concentrated ingredient packed into a capsule. So when you’re thinking about whether to buy this supplement or not and compare it to other T-boosters, I want you to stop. It’s not a fair comparison trying to put a single ingredient beside T-boosters with bona fide formulas. I want you to think of Andro400 as what it really is. A. Single. Ingredient. And if you can’t really help comparing, then compare if Andro400 is a better Tongkat Ali product to the Tongkat Ali given in your chosen T-boosting stack.
Eurycoma Longifolia is an ancient Malaysian ginseng used for libido. It wasn’t until recent studies that Tongkat Ali showed potential benefits as a T-booster and as an estrogen inhibitor. Theoretically, it boosts testosterone by decreasing the activity of the notorious test killer SHBG. SHBG works by binding testosterone to it, thereby rendering T useless. By blocking the binding of testosterone and SHBG, Tongkat Ali increases the levels of “free” T in the blood stream.
Tongkat Ali also theoretically boosts T by stimulating DHEA which is a steroid hormone precursor to testosterone. It also stimulates LH which boosts testosterone through initiation of testosterone synthesis.
According to a study, Eurycoma boosts testosterone by 37% while decreasing cortisol levels by 16%. All in all, Tongkat Ali seems to work by stimulating DHEA and LH which promotes the synthesis of test, blocking SHBG which increases levels of “free” T, and decreasing the levels of the stress hormone cortisol making you feel energized and happy.
Does it Work?
Well, technically, Tongkat Ali does work. But maybe the question is incomplete so I’ll complete it for you. “Does it work better than the other Tongkat Ali supplements?”
Putting Andro400 in comparison, it has an edge over most because of the concentrated 100:1 extract. This is the recommended concentration for MAXIMUM Eurycoma results. However, it does look a little average in terms of their 300 mg dosage. If you’re the mature male around their 40’s looking for a little boost in testosterone and sexual health, this supplement will benefit you. However, if you’re the young buck who’s in to bodybuilding and looking to gain some muscle mass, then I suggest you look elsewhere.
- No side effects – Well, you probably wouldn’t expect any considering it’s a single, average dosed legal ingredient.
- Quality extract – 100:1. That is some potent, concentrated Eurycoma right there.
- Backed by science – It’s only a single ingredient but at least that one ingredient is researched plenty.
- Tongkat Ali – It’s a decent T-booster.
- Tongkat Ali – Well, it’s a good T-booster but IT IS NOT A FORMULA.
- False advertising – I wouldn’t file a case on them for this but they do stretch the truth a little too much.
- Ordering Scheme – The way they provide their products kind of looks a little bit like a scam.
- Reputation – Some customer reviews I’ve seen claimed that Andro400 didn’t do anything for them.
Pricing & Ordering:
- Auto-Ship Special: $29.95/monthly
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $34.95
- 3 Bottles (3 months): $89.00
- 6 Bottles (6 months): $159.00
- 12 Bottles (12 months): $259.00
If Andro400 works for you, then go ahead and by the 12 bottle option. This will save you 160$. However, doesn’t the Auto-Ship option look like a bargain, too? Essentially, it is but when I hear “Auto-Ship”, I can’t help but think of “scam” because Auto-ship is sometimes a scam tactic in the supplement business. In fact, based on my research, customers who didn’t even sign up for the auto-ship special were automatically signed up for it and found it very difficult to discontinue.
The Bottom Line
To wrap it up, Tongkat Ali is a proven decent T-booster but Andro400 seems to be claiming a whole lot more and not a lot of them seem to be true. First of all, #1 natural testosterone booster since 2004? That sounds REALLY questionable. They also claim to melt belly fat, gain energy, and increase sex drive. There is no such thing as “melt” belly fat but even if we took that out of its context and say that it helps in fat loss, Tongkat Ali doesn’t do that. Although, those energy gains do seem possible and increased sex drive is a sure thing. So, Andro400 – did it live up to the hype? I wouldn’t go far as calling it a bust but, no, the hype was too much for this one-ingredient “formula” to handle.