Quick Take: Comparing Andro400 VS Nugenix Ultimate is like choosing between a single item and an entire package. In particular, Andro400 only has Tongkat Ali whereas Nugenix Ultimate has an entire formula. While having more ingredients can sometimes be an advantage, this is not always the case when it comes to boosting testosterone. That said, which among these two supplements do you think will be more effective? Let’s get to the review and find out.
- Natural Health Concepts is the company that manufactures Andro400
- According to the brand, Andro400 has been the #1 natural testosterone booster since 2004 – the same year it was put in production.
- Tongkat Ali is this product’s only ingredient. Luckily, it’s one of the better natural test boosters out there.
- Andro400 supplies Tongkat Ali at an effective 300 mg dose and at an uber concentrated form of 100:1 extract
- If you’ve checked their website, the pictures they used to sell their product are of older, more mature men. Which gives the hint that, that’s probably the demographic they’re after.
- Click here to read my full review on Andro400
Nugenix Ultimate Features
- Nugenix manufactures several other testosterone supplements (i.e., Nugenix Maxx, Nugenix PM, Nugenix Free Testosterone Booster, Nugenix Estro Regulator)
- Advertised to be a “no fluff, hardcore, complex free testosterone formula”
- Non-proprietary formula of 8 man-enhancing ingredients
- Primarily fuelled a solid 3,000 mg dose of the almighty D-Aspartic Acid
- Also has Tongkat Ali given as a 100:1 concentrated extract but dosed at a lower 200 mg
- Click here to read my full review on Nugenix UT
Andro400 VS Nugenix Ultimate: My Analysis
One thing that Andro400 VS Nugenix Ultimate have in common is that they both have a potent 100:1 extract of Tongkat Ali in their formulas. To me, this herb is currently among the better natural test boosters we have today.
But that’s enough of what I think…
What does science say about Tongkat Ali?
In the world of male health supplements, Tongkat Ali has been widely used as an effective libido booster. However, science says it’s actually more than just another sex pill.
According to a research that studied the effects of Tongkat Ali on moderately stressed subjects, the herb was able to increase testosterone by a staggering 37% while also lowering the stress hormone cortisol by 16%. Theoretically, these hormonal effects also make it beneficial for bodybuilding where testosterone typically drops and cortisol rises after exercise.
Moreover, another research suggests the effects of Tongkat Ali stem from its major quassinoids, especially eurycomanone. In Andro400 VS Nugenix Ultimate where Tongkat Ali is given at a potent 100:1 extract, we’re treated to a concentrated amount of these compounds. Awesome!
That said, how do Andro400 and Nugenix Ultimate utilize this amazingly masculine herb?
Tongkat Ali is Andro400’s ONLY ingredient
Yup, you read that right. Andro400 has only 1 ingredient and it just so happens to be Tongkat Ali. Obviously, this herb is capable of boosting testosterone, libido, and even muscle growth. So, to me, relying solely on Tongkat Ali to improve male health isn’t really a bad idea.
When it comes to the intensity of its effects though, Tongkat Ali seems to be dose-dependent. Research states that “a dosage of 100–600 mg/day (water extract) exerted pharmacological effects in men after 2–8 weeks of supplementation, and a reference daily dose level of 270–350 mg/kg was found to be rather safe“. With 300 milligrams worth of potent Tongkat Ali, Andro 400 looks like it hits the sweet spot.
Nugenix Ultimate has a lesser dose of Tongkat Ali but has other manly ingredients
Like I said, Tongkat Ali is dose-dependent. So, with a lower dose of 200 mg, Tongkat Ali is also set to work with less intensity here. However, Nugenix Ultimate has so much more in the bag than just Tongkat Ali. For instance, it has DAA which is an amino acid that can boost testosterone by 42% in just 12 days. Obviously, that’s way more powerful than Tongkat Ali.
Furthermore, Nugenix Ultimate also has other notable testosterone boosters such as Fenugreek, Boron, Mucuna Pruriens, and Nettle. Fenugreek, in particular, also boosts muscle strength and libido. Along with Maca and Horny Goat Weed, there’s even more manly boosts here on Nugenix Ultimate.
Andro400 VS Nugenix Ultimate Summary
- Tongkat Ali is its only ingredient
- Potent 100:1 form with a solid 300 mg dose
- Boosts testosterone and libido. Its effects on cortisol may also make it beneficial for muscle recovery.
- $34.95/bottle of 60 capsules on the Andro400 official website
- Same 100:1 form of Tongkat Ali but at a lower dose of 200 mg
- Has other notable testosterone boosters including DAA, Boron, Mucuna Pruriens, Nettle, and Fenugreek
- Maca and Horny Goat Weed add more wrinkles to its effects on male health, especially with boosting libido
- $89.99/bottle of 120 capsules on the Nugenix official website
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Let me put it this way. Choosing between Andro400 VS Nugenix Ultimate is like cooking and eating spaghetti. With Andro400, you get to eat an entire bag of pasta noodles but with Nugenix Ultimate, you get the meat balls, tomato sauce, and the rest of the toppings along with your pasta. Now, let me ask you this: would you rather eat pasta noodles or would you rather have the entire dish? Andro400 or Nugenix Ultimate?
The answer should be obvious and for the most part, unanimous. Nugenix Ultimate is simply a far more complete package. In fact, it’s so well-rounded, I personally think it’s among the best testosterone supplements this 2018. On the other hand, Andro400 is a whole lot cheaper and although it’s far less powerful compared to Nugenix Ultimate, it can still get the job done.