Quick Take: If the testosterone boosting game was anything like basketball, who do you think would win 4 against 1? Odds are, the team with 4 players would dominate the single opponent, right? This isn’t basketball though but in this review, it still is 4 against 1. By that, I mean that Ageless Male has 4 ingredients while Andro400 only has 1. Now the question is, will the lone underdog triumph? Or will this be just another typical bully story where the 4 players gang up on the single enemy?
- Andro400 is a product of Natural Health Concepts along with its only other product, Andro400 Max
- Their website has this projected to be the #1 Natural Testosterone Booster Since 2004
- I don’t know where that came from but they seem to claim a lot of things like melt belly fat, improve energy levels, and enhance libido.
- All those promises and only 1 ingredient to rely on. Yup, that’s not a typo. JUST ONE.
- To their credit, that single ingredient is a very potent form of Tongkat Ali Extract concentrated to a 100:1 ratio
- Click here to read my full review on Andro400.
Ageless Male Features
- Agless Male, a product of New Vitality, is one of the most popular products for boosting testosterone.
- Their label even has this advertised as a worldwide best-seller and that may very well be true.
- Word for word, this product claims to “boost your testosterone levels, and experience a healthy romantic life and incredible results in the gym.”
- Their website features a branded form of Fenugreek: Testofen® which is actually “clinically tested” like their formula claims to be.
- The 3 other ingredients are the individual parts of the legendary ZMA
- Click here to read my full review on Ageless Male.
Andro400 VS. Ageless Male: My Analysis
Even if 4 against 1 sounds like an unfair match-up, they do still have similarities. For one, 4 still is a really low number of ingredients for a testosterone boosting supplement and of course, so is 1.
Another similarity that they have is that even with a low number of ingredients, the ingredients they did choose to use are quality, proven, and branded. With that said, let’s take a look at their strategies.
ANDRO400 CENTERS ITS T-BOOSTING APPROACH ON ITS ONLY INGREDIENT EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA
This one’s pretty easy to analyze because, well… it’s not really a formula. It’s just a single ingredient.
Eurycoma Longifolia or more commonly known as Tongkat Ali has been traditionally used as a libido enhancer. But really, that’s not all that there is to this legendary tonic. A study has shown that it has the potential to increase testosterone levels by 37% and decrease levels of cortisol by 16%.
In theory, TA does this by decreasing the bioactivity of the notorious SHBG. This binds to testosterone and simply, “bound” testosterone is inactive/useless testosterone. By blocking the activities of SHBG, Tongkat Ali effectively raises the levels of “free” testosterone which leads to a happier sex life, better gym, experience, and enhances overall manliness.
Andro400 also gives this to us at the best potency at a 100:1 extract. Unfortunately, the total dosage of 300 mg is just floating on average.
AGELESS MALE RELIES ON 4 TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING ALL-STAR INGREDIENTS
Primarily featured on their website, Testofen® is a branded form of Fenugreek. Similar to Tongkat Ali, Fenugreek has been traditionally used to enhance sexual and physical performance. Recently though, it’s been used in masculine supplements for it’s positive benefits in testosterone. It protects testosterone by blocking the activities of aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase which convert our beloved T to estrogen and the manlier hormone DHT.
The formula also has the tried and tested trio of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. These are the individual ingredients of the popular ZMA. Zinc acts as a raw material for T and signals for test synthesis, Magnesium blocks SHBG and promotes anabolic growth, and Vitamin B6 deficiency has been linked to low levels of T.
In paper, this combination looks like a pretty cool approach at T-boosting. Sadly, the dosage kills it.
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Let me ask you again, 4 against 1, who would win?
Without looking at the finer details, 4 players would almost definitely dominate the lone wolf. But that’s not how I do my reviews. Here, the little details matter. And according to those details, the results of this battle are evident.
The single ingredient T-boosting supplement Andro400 comes out on top. Ageless Male looks like it has more depth to it but when you look at the individual dosages of its ingredients, suddenly that depth seems a little too shallow. All the elements making up the ZMA triad are dosed too low to make any sort of impact on male health and testosterone. Its primary ingredient, Fenugreek, is given to us at probably one of the best branded forms there is on the market but that potential is also wasted (again) by a disappointingly low dose.
Andro400, with only one ingredient, admittedly lacks the depth and potential that Ageless Male has but what it lacks in that area, it sort of makes up for in an okay dose. 300 mg of Tongkat Ali does seem a bit on the low side too but it looks to be enough to provide at least a minimal amount of T-boost. That little boost you get from Andro400 is better compared to virtually nothing (Ageless Male).
To conclude, Andro400 seems to benefit the aging male in his 40’s looking to up his levels of T and libido while Ageless Male’s formula is basically paper weight.