Quick Take: When it comes to bodybuilding, a lot of the most effective supplements on the market come from JYM and Universal Nutrition. That said, it’s no wonder why both Alpha Jym and Animal Test are among two of the most highly ranked testosterone boosters across several websites. They’re great at helping us men build more muscle but how they do it is what makes them different. Let’s pit them against each other and head over to the review.
Alpha Jym Features
- Endorsed by Jim Stoppani himself. He’s a doctor of exercise physiology and a celebrity health and personal nutrition. So, the dude knows what he’s doing.
- The entire formula consists of 6 ingredients but these ingredients do a lot to support testosterone
- Has high-quality testosterone boosting herbs that collectively increase muscle strength and lower cortisol (i.e., Fenugreek, Ashwagandha, Tongkat Ali)
- May lower estrogen with a 2-punch combo of Damiana and DIM. Although, they both also have their issue.
- Helps maintain high testosterone by limiting test excretion via urine
- Click here to read my full review on Alpha Jym
Animal Test Features
- Animal Test is a product of Universal Nutrition. Personally, when it comes to creating bodybuilding supplements, not a lot of other brands come close.
- The entire formula is composed of 9 ingredients. However, they’re also divided among 2 prop blends.
- Neutralizes testosterone killing hormones such as estrogen, cortisol, and SHBG rather than directly boosting test
- Arachidonic Acid seems to Animal Test’s most important ingredient. Contrary to old-school bodybuilding practice, it promotes inflammation rather than limit it.
- Also has 6, 7-Dihydroxybergamottin and Bioperine® to bolster nutrient absorption
- Click here to read my full review on Animal Test
Alpha Jym VS. Animal Test: My Analysis
Since you’re here, I’m betting that you’ve already realized the difficulty of building a better physique. Sometimes, the most intense workouts and the trendiest diets just don’t cut it, right? And, well, not all of us are willing to risk our healths on the dangers of anabolic steroids and designer prohormones.
That’s where natural testosterone boosters such as Alpha Jym and Animal Test come in. By boosting, supporting, and optimizing your body’s natural testosterone production, both these products put your body in gear for some well-earned hypertrophy. However, they do take different approaches.
Alpha Jym utilizes a “5 Stage Testosterone Boost” strategy by using a simple 6-ingredient formula
Alpha Jym optimizes your body for anabolism. Obviously, it primarily does so by boosting testosterone with herbs such as Fenugreek, Ashwagandha, and Tongkat Ali. However, these herbs, along with the rest of Alpha Jym’s ingredients, also have benefits that go beyond just simply boosting testosterone.
In particular, Alpha Jym can also lower catabolic hormones estrogen and cortisol while also helping maintain high levels of T. Plus, Alpha Jym also bolsters physical performance and libido so you enjoy the masculine benefits both in the gym and in bed. However, Alpha Jym doesn’t have the basic testosterone boosting nutrients such as Vitamin D, Zinc, and Vitamin B6.
Animal Test houses 9 bodybuilding supplements in two heavily dosed prop blends
First of all, prop blends are a problem because they don’t show the specific dosages of the ingredients. Thankfully though, the 2 prop blends in Animal Test have solid dosages that enable them to work. Speaking of work, Animal Test is more of a pro-testosterone supplement rather than a direct testosterone booster.
Rather than increasing massive amounts of testosterone, it helps our muscles get the most of what we have by protecting it from T-killing hormones SHBG, cortisol, and especially estrogen. Also, Animal Test further promotes muscle growth by signalling recovery through inflammation as well as supporting bone strength.
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Specifically for this review, this question needs a bit of a more complex answer. If we’re talking about being a better testosterone booster, I’m picking Alpha Jym as the winner of this battle. Despite being short-handed with just 6 ingredients, it still managed to be more complete. Of course, it’s not perfect. However, for the aging man who’s looking to still improve his physique, Alpha Jym gets the job done.
Animal Test on the other hand, doesn’t have as much T-boosting power. Rather, it protects the testosterone that we already have and compels it to greatly amplify our body’s anabolic potential. That said, for younger men who’re literally brimming with testosterone, Animal Test is the better buy.