Quick Take: Activate Xtreme is an all around man enhancing supplement and it manages to do this with only 6 ingredients. That’s a pretty impressive feat for such a small sized ingredients list. Also, both the ingredient choices and their dosages look solid. It’s a bit pricey though. Let’s get to the review and find out if the price matches this testosterone boosters quality.
- A product of Driven Sports, Activate Xtreme is a well-rounded testosterone booster that does the things you’d expect a testosterone booster to do.
- On their website, Activate Xtreme is advertised to be “the pinnacle of testosterone enhancement in the sports nutrition industry”. I don’t think that’s quite true but I’ll explain further on.
- In terms of testosterone, this supplement raises both total and “free” T.
- I see branded ingredients in LevoTest® and Divanil®.
- Vitamin D3 (what might be the best vitamin for testosterone) is heavily dosed.
- It’s available to buy online and in retail stores but prices can vary. On their website, it’s repriced from $75 down to $45. On Amazon, it’s at $65 which I think is surprising because Amazon usually sells supplements for cheap. I couldn’t find it on GNC though.
Activate Xtreme Ingredients
|Vitamin D3 (as D3 Cholecalciferol)||2000 IU|
|CoreTest® Proprietary Blend||1.5 g|
|Stinging Nettle Extract (Urtica Dioica) (root) (Divanil®), Velvet Bean Extract (Mucuna Pruriens) (seed) (LevoTest®), Rhodiola Extract (Rhodiola Rosea) (root), Pedalium Extract (Pedalium Murex) (fruit), Tongkat Ali Extract (Eurycoma Longifolia) (root)|
Activate Xtreme’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D can be found in foods such as cheese, fish, and egg yolks. However, our bodies get a lot of Vitamin D3 from the sun. Using Vitamin D3 is particularly important when it comes to bodybuilding because this form is the best version of Vitamin D at boosting testosterone. According to this study, healthy levels of Vitamin D have been correlated to higher levels of testosterone and lower levels of SHBG.
CoreTest® Proprietary Blend
- Divanil® – This is a branded form of Stinging Nettle that’s trademarked to Driven Sports and it seems to be their prized ingredient. Stinging Nettle has shown to increase levels of “free” testosterone through aromatase, 5a-reductase, and SHBG inhibition.
- LevoTest® – Another trademarked ingredient of Driven Sports, LevoTest is branded Mucuna Pruriens. This herb is one of the most promising herbs in the world of testosterone boosting because of its active ingredient L-DOPA – a dopamine precursor. L-DOPA increases LH which then stimulates the testes to produce more testosterone. Additionally, it can also lower levels of prolactin which is a female hormone that can drive down testosterone levels.
- Rhodiola Rosea – This herb is valued for its strong adaptogenic value. It has strong antioxidant value which lowers oxidative stress. By helping to manage stress, Rhodiola Rosea can also help protect post-exercise testosterone levels from dropping. It might also help decrease estriadol.
Pedalium Murex – There’s not a lot of evidence on this herb but the minimal studies it has does look promising. According to this rat study, Pedalium Murex showed significant increases in libido parameters and testosterone.
- Tongkat Ali – This plant has been traditionally used to enhance male virility and vitality. However, Tongkat Ali’s benefits don’t stop at just boosting libido. As this study shows, Tongkat Ali can raise levels of testosterone by up to 37% while also decreasing the stress hormone cortisol by 16%.
Activate Xtreme Directions
As a dietary supplement, Driven Sports suggests to take 2 capsules of Activate Xtreme 2-3 times per day on an empty stomach for 4-8 weeks.
DO NOT use for more than 8 weeks.
Let me just put this into context. Activate Xtreme is meant to be taken 2-3 times per day, which also means that the dosages are multiplied 2 or 3 fold.
Starting with the lone vitamin, Vitamin D3 is great for maintaining healthy levels of testosterone. Compared to D2, Vitamin D3 is better absorbed and utilized by our bodies to produce testosterone and at 6000 IU, this isn’t just a decent dose, it’s a HEAVY one. All caps for emphasis.
Next, we have the CoreTest® Proprietary Blend. The first ingredient here is Divanil® (Stinging Nettle) and it’s all about raising “free” testosterone. It does this by blocking testosterone from being bound to SHBG and also inhibiting testosterone’s conversion to estrogen and DHT. Estrogen regulation is warranted any time you boost testosterone to curb feminine side effects such as man boobs as much as possible. DHT on the other hand, is a manlier hormone than even testosterone so I wouldn’t typically recommend messing with this hormone unless it was ordered by a physician.
Next we have LevoTest® (Mucuna Pruriens). Like I said, the active ingredient in Mucuna Pruriens is L-DOPA and this compound is what’s responsible for the herbs testosterone boosting effects and prolactin regulation. Activate Xtreme seems to know this, which is why LevoTest is highly standardized to contain 95% L-Dopa. This is potent stuff right here. So far, we have increases in both “free” and total testosterone going along with estrogen regulation. In many testosterone boosters, this would be enough but Activate Xtreme isn’t done yet.
Rhodiola Rosea adds in stress regulation which is essential if you’re a bodybuilder or athlete who trains hard almost everyday because our bodies interpret exercise as stress and the more stress you have, the harder it will be to maintain muscle growth and testosterone. Pedalium Murex is still in its early stages of research but with the evidence it already has, it seems to do well with libido.
The last ingredient rounds up the formula. Tongkat Ali has been known to boost libido for decades now and it also aids in bodybuilding by lowering cortisol and stress while also boosting testosterone. Overall, there isn’t a single ingredient here that’s out of place and the dosages look solid. Good job Activate Xtreme!
Does it Work?
It does everything you want in a masculine supplement. It boosts testosterone while keeping estrogen at bay while also enhancing libido and athletic performance. On top of that, they use Extended Release Technology™ to maximize nutrient absorption and make sure that the effects last for much longer. So yeah, it works.
However, even though it looks like a well rounded formula, it’s not overwhelming. The testosterone boost is there but it doesn’t look to be on par with the best testosterone boosters on the market. Regardless, the testosterone boosts here look better than what most other supplements offer so Activate Xtreme still isn’t anything to joke about.
- Solid dosages – Thanks to the 3 times per day direction, the dosages here are more than adequate.
- Great Choices – Like I said, no ingredient here is out of place. They’re all manly and they’re all backed by science.
- Potency – I’m referring to Vitamin D, Mucuna Pruriens, and Stinging Nettle. All three ingredients are given in top notch quality.
- Well rounded – It does everything a testosterone booster is supposed to do.
- No side effects – From the consumer reviews I’ve read, Activate Xtreme looks generally safe. Admittedly, I did find a few minor ones such as hunger and controllable fits of anger. If anything, it’s probably a sign that the supplement is working.
- Driven Sports’ website – Their page provides detailed explanations on what their products are all about. To me, one indicator that a brand values quality is if their website helps potential customers in understanding their products and Driven Sports definitely does that.
- Pedalium Murex – Honestly, it also deserves a spot up there with “The Good” but there’s still a little bit of mystery surrounding this herb because it hasn’t been researched much yet. For this reason, I can’t wrap my trust tightly around it.
- Prop Blend – I just don’t get it. The prop blend is heavily dosed so why hide the ingredients’ individual dosages?
- Expensive – If Driven Sports didn’t cut the price to $45, Activate Xtreme would still be sold at $75 which places it on one of the most expensive supplements in the market.
Another con that I’ve noticed with Activate Xtreme is that it takes a while before the consumers feel and see measurable differences. Some say they felt the effects when they were almost finished with the first bottle while some were already on their second before they noticed anything different. I can attribute this to two factors:
- Activate Xtreme isn’t an anabolic steroid. A lot of times, when people take testosterone boosters, they seem to think that it’s the same as taking steroids. It’s not. Testosterone boosters enhance your own body’s natural processes to raise testosterone so it SHOULD take more time. Anabolic steroids on the other hand, provide you with an external source of synthetic testosterone so it takes lesser time to be effective.
- Activate Xtreme lacks powerful testosterone boosting ingredients. Specifically speaking, it doesn’t have DAA which has shown to increase testosterone levels by up to 42% in just 12 days.
The Bottom Line
From my analysis, I conclude that Activate Xtreme is a decent well-rounded testosterone booster but again, it’s only decent. If you do intend to try Activate Xtreme for your masculine needs, I suggest you try it now while their website sells them cheaper than the actual price. If Driven Sports returns to the original selling price of Activate Xtreme though, I would personally think twice about buying it because there are other well-rounded testosterone boosters in the market that’re not only cheaper, some of them work better too.