Quick Take: Activate T does exactly what the name suggests. It “activates” testosterone more so than it boosts it. With herbal extracts such as Fenugreek, Maca, and Tribulus Terrestris, you’re almost definitely going to “feel” the effects of testosterone. Activate T’s Active T™ Support Complex is also loaded with manly ingredients but the overall dosage might be holding it back from its full masculine potential. That’s all I can say for now but if you keep reading this review, you’ll find out who benefits from such a formula.
- Fusion Diet Systems is mainly a brand for weight-loss and meal replacement products. They’ve recently ventured into the world of test boosting and supplied us with this T-activating product: Activate T.
- The formula features quality, standardized man herbs in Fenugreek, Maca, and Tribulus Terrestris
- Also in the formula, a combination of Zinc and B-Vitamins (B6 & B12)
- Their Active T™ Support Complex crammed 16 ingredients into a low 500 mg overall dosage.
- LongJaX®, which is a branded form of the powerful T-booster Tongkat Ali, is prioritized last in this formula’s prop blend.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon but I couldn’t do a search on it on GNC.
Activate T Ingredients
Activate T’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin B6 – Science still doesn’t have a definitive explanation to the relation of Vitamin B6 to testosterone but lower levels of this essential vitamin has been linked to low levels of T. That said, Vitamin B6 plays a role in maintaining healthy levels of testosterone.
Vitamin B12 – While it doesn’t directly act on boosting testosterone, it does play a role in protecting testicular health which may indirectly also protect levels of testosterone.
Zinc – In my opinion, the manliest mineral for T. Aside from being a raw material in the actual making of testosterone, it also maintains levels of T after a workout and manages testosterone synthesis. The AAC form isn’t the best but those amino acids do help in absorption.
Fenugreek – Given that 98-99% of testosterone is bound and Activate T is looking to ‘activate’ those bound man hormones, Fenugreek is the herb of choice given that it blocks the binding activity of SHBG.
Maca – It’s not a T-booster but it does enhance male vitality, virility, and physical performance. According to this research, Maca has shown to help in sexual conditions without altering hormonal levels.
Tribulus Terrestris – This study suggests that men with low levels of testosterone might get slight increases in test but for the most part, Tribulus isn’t a T-booster. Like Maca, it’s more sex and performance.
Active T™ Support Complex
And now we get to the prop blend. Get ready because this is going to be a long one.
- Ginkgo biloba – Typically used for brainier things, Ginkgo Biloba has vasodilating properties that MIGHT help with expressing the effects of testosterone.
- Rhodiola – Helps with maintaining testosterone levels after physical exercise and stress.
- Astragalus – This herb’s evidence as a testosterone booster is weak. This study states that it helps protect sperm quality. While that may be good for manly health, it may or may not be related to testosterone.
- Epimedium – Better known as Horny Goat Weed, it’s not really what I’d call a strong testosterone booster but it does mimic the effects of T.
- Wild yam – DHEA is a precursor to testosterone and it’s derived from Wild Yam. However, taking wild yam isn’t the same as supplementing with DHEA as only the synthetic form can be used by the body. Nonetheless, both of these ingredients don’t really do much (if any) for test.
- Saw palmetto – This herb has been used to treat BPH, diminishing sex drive, and hair loss. However, studies on Saw Palmetto’s effects on testosterone are conflicting with one study showing that it inhibits 5α-Reductase. Regardless, this ingredient is great for masculine health.
- Beta sitosterol – This is plant steroid derived from Saw Palmetto. The DHT blocking properties of Saw Palmetto are all thanks to this ingredient.
- Arginine HCl – As a semi-essential amino acid, it helps testosterone in indirect ways such as increasing blood flow to the testicles and enhancing testosterone delivery. It also promotes protein synthesis which is great for bodybuilding enthusiasts looking to gain more muscle.
- L-Citrulline – Used to synthesize NO. This ingredient is great for vasodilation and enhancing circulation.
- Korean ginseng – This legendary herb has been used for masculine health including testosterone. As a test booster, it acts indirectly by decreasing levels of stress and prolactin which may equate to raising testosterone back to healthy levels.
- L-Theanine – It’s an amazing nootropic but it really doesn’t make sense being in a testosterone boosting formula.
- Theobromine – It’s a natural compound found in chocolate and also commonly found in pre-workout supplements because it slightly improves mood and blood flow.
- CoQ10 – It plays an important role in the body’s energy production but it also has potential as a fat burner and stress reducer.
- Black pepper – Black pepper has been found to increase the absorption of nutrients but it’s also been found to support fat loss.
- LongJaX® – It’s a branded and enhanced form of Tongkat Ali concentrated to a 20:1 ratio. This is a powerful libido enhancer that has also shown to be great at boosting testosterone.
Activate T Directions
Take 2 capsules (1 serving) daily with a glass full of water, preferably with meals.
This is a looong list of ingredients to analyze. Let’s start with the vitamins, minerals, and botanicals that aren’t in the prop blend. Zinc is personally my favorite testosterone boosting mineral. Without Zinc, there wouldn’t be any kind of testosterone production since it’s one of the raw materials needed to make T. The B Vitamins in the formula aren’t necessarily strong T-boosters but they do provide good back up being quality choices for male health.
Next on the list are the 3 herbs Fenugreek, Maca, and Tribulus. While Fenugreek is an excellent choice for ‘activating’ T, the other two aren’t testosterone boosters. They do, however, enhance sex and performance so I’ll take it.
When I first took a look at Activate T’s Active T™ Support Complex, I was immediately in doubt as to how effective in can be. First of all, there’s 16 ingredients crammed into a lowly dosed 500 mg prop blend and there are ingredients on this list such as Rhodiola that need high dosages to be effective.
Secondly, the ingredient choices aren’t solid. They’re not all that bad but they’re not really good either. Particularly, Ginkgo Biloba, Astralagus, Wild Yam, and CoQ10 MIGHT aid in testosterone and masculinity but evidence that backs that up is weak. Also, ingredients like L-Theanine and Theobromine do have healthy benefits being in nootropics or PWO’s but in this formula, they’re just taking up precious capsule space.
If it were up to me, I’d take all those ingredients out and leave the ones I haven’t mentioned yet. Those other ingredients have more potential being in a T-boosting/manly health supplement. However, the strategic placement that came with these ingredients are weak too. For one, Tongkat Ali is the LAST herb prioritized in this prop blend where it could’ve been placed so much higher with a lot more dosage.
Does it Work?
Activate T plays it safe with their formula and their advertisements. They don’t claim to massively boost testosterone and instead opts to “support the production of testosterone” which is exactly what the formula does. Aside from Zinc, the formula doesn’t have a lot of ball-dropping testosterone boosters. What they do have, are herbs like Fenugreek that make use of the existing testosterone and make sure it’s used right, and herbs that ‘maintain’ or ‘regulate’ testosterone back to healthy levels.
That said, I wouldn’t think it’s greatly beneficial to men who’re into bodybuilding and athletics who need a ton of T-boosts. The men who benefit from this formula are those that like to play it safe and settle for a testosterone supporting stack.
- Fenugreek – It’s a great ingredient for what Activate T is trying to achieve.
- Sex – The herbs in this formula are great for this particular friskiness.
- Quality ingredients – Some may be taking up precious capsule space but admitedly, Activate T does give them to us in quality, standardized extracts.
- PROP BLEND – Is it so hard to be a little more transparent about your dosages, Activate T?
- Overall Dosage – For 16 ingredients to share an overall dose of 500 mg, you can only expect that neither of those ingredients are dosed right.
- Poor Design – Aside from the low dose, there are also a number of poorly chosen ingredients and a bunch of those that are right for a testosterone booster aren’t really prioritized.
The Bottom Line
That was a long review, wasn’t it? But overall, Activate T isn’t a strong testosterone booster but it does help support it. The strategy and design used in this formula is also pretty weak and needs a lot of improvement. Fusion Diet Systems seem to know this though because they’ve made other testosterone boosting supplements like Activate T Black and Activate T Red.