Quick Take: Activate T Red is one of Fusion Diet Systems’ line of testosterone boosters. It’s actually a revamped version of the original Activate T but because Fusion Diet Systems isn’t a lazy brand, they didn’t just recycle the old formula and added some kind of ingredient for a twist. Instead, they made Activate T Red a completely different formula that attacks manly health in 5 different angles. Read this review further down to find out how different Activate T Red is from its predecessor.
- A product of Fusion Diet Systems, Activate T Red is part of the brand’s testosterone boosting line of supplements.
- It’s advertised on their website to be a pre-workout formula with Nitric Oxide boosters that help “professionals as well as everyday athletes trying to reach peak physical, and sexual performance”.
- The prop blends in the formula seem to be focused on separate aspects of male health but all are working in synergy.
- Among the 3 testosterone boosters in Fusion Diet Systems’ line, Activate T Red might have the least test boosting potential. But what it lacks in testosterone, it makes up for in several other aspects of male health.
- The Neuro-Cerebral Focus Blend adds a nootropic twist to this formula.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon but probably not in GNC.
Activate T Red Ingredients
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||200 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||12 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||400 mcg|
|Sodium (as Sodium Phosphate)||40 mg|
|Potassium (as Potassium Citrate)||20 mg|
|Zinc AA Chelated||20 mg|
|Activate T™ RED Blend||675 mg|
|Cnidium Monnieri Ext, Maca Powder, Tribulus Terrestris PE 4:1, Epimedium Ext (Horny Goat Weed), Black Pepper Ext, Grape Seed Ext 95% (Chinese)|
|Nitric Oxide Muscle Pump Matrix||720 mg|
|L-Citrulline, L-Arginine, L-Histidine|
|Anabolic (BCAA) Amino Blend||290 mg|
|L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine|
|Extreme Energy Igniter Complex||800 mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous, D-Ribose, Cocoa PE Theobromine 99%, L-Taurine, Citrus Aurantium 30%|
|Neuro-Cerebral Focus Blend||52 mg|
|Acetyl L-Carnitine, Choline Bitartrate, Co-Enzyme Q 10, Huperzine, Vinpocetine|
Activate T Red’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin C – This vitamin has been observed to be antioxidant which may enhance recovery but it could be counterproductive in endurance training. Somehow, it could also make exercise ‘feel’ easier.
Vitamin B6 – Deficiency in this vitamin has been linked to low levels of testosterone which suggests that it could play a role in maintaining healthy levels of test.
Vitamin B12 – This is a common sight in pre-workout formulas because it helps the body extract energy from food.
Sodium – One of the most important electrolytes in the body that’s also typically seen in pre-workout formulas. It maintains the contracting functions of the heart and muscles during a workout and has a positive influence on nutrient absorption such as Nitric Oxide, water, and sugar which are all essential for a successful workout.
Potassium – being the primary cation inside our cells, Potassium together with Sodium maintain cell membrane potential.
Zinc – The manliest mineral for T. Simply put, the production of testosterone cannot be possible without Zinc. The Amino Acid Chelate form helps in absorption too.
Niacin – This is widely used in nootropics but it does have pre-workout benefits as well being a vasodilator that helps in circulation.
The Sodium-Potassium Pump
This is the process of moving sodium and potassium ions across the cell membrane. This movement is an active transport and thus requires the use of ATP for energy and is responsible for maintaining the balance of sodium outside the cell and the potassium inside of it. For a better illustration of this, click here.
Activate T™ RED Blend
- Cnidium Monnier – I don’t even know how to pronounce that. A rat study does show that it has testosterone boosting effects but it needs more (human) evidence to be qualified as a bona fide testosterone booster. Regardless, this ingredient has been used in traditional Chinese medicine as a libido enhancer that also has positive effects on the liver and cognition.
- Maca, Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed – All of these ingredients are used for their libido and performance enhancing properties.
- Black Pepper – This extract supplies piperine which is used to enhance the absorption of other nutrients and has fat burning benefits. Not a T-booster but a great addition nonetheless.
- Grape Seed – or more importantly, its active ingredient Resveratrol. This is an antioxidant that has shown to increase the synthesis of NO.
Nitric Oxide Muscle Pump Matrix
- L-Citrulline, L-Arginine, L-Histidine – famous NO boosters that are valuable additions to this formula for their sex, PWO, and enhanced nutrient delivery benefits .
Anabolic (BCAA) Amino Blend
- L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine – these are all essential amino acids that positively influence muscle metabolism especially if paired with bodybuilding efforts. According to this research, supplementing with BCAA’s before and after a workout “reduces indices of muscle damage and accelerates recovery”.
Extreme Energy Igniter Complex
- Caffeine Anhydrous – I don’t even have to explain this. It’s great and cheap as a pre-workout.
- D-Ribose – Similar to caffeine, D-Ribose is used to enhance athletic performance by boosting energy.
- Cocoa – standardized to 99% Theobromine, it has subtle psychoactive effects similar to that of caffeine.
- L-Taurine – has anti-stress and nootropic benefits.
- Citrus – standardized to 30% Aurantium, this is a common site in weight loss products.
Neuro-Cerebral Focus Blend
- L-Carnitine, CoQ10 – L-Carnitine enters the mitochondria while CoQ10 is already found inside. They are used for energy and fat metabolism.
- Huperzine – enhances brain energy by supporting the mitochondria
- Vinpocetine – it’s a vasodilator that helps increase blood flow to the brain.
- Choline Bitartrate – It’s shown to have benefits in memory.
Activate T Red Directions
Take four 4 capsules (1 serving) with a full glass of water 20-30 minutes before your workout.
I’m sure you’ve noticed that the formula is packed full of ingredients but among these ingredients, there’s one thing that sticks out to me. There’s really only one powerful testosterone booster in this formula and that’s Zinc. Which tells me: Activate T Red isn’t really a T-booster. Let’s take a look at the prop blends.
Despite the name of the mix, Activate T™ RED Blend doesn’t really ‘activate’ T. Instead, it enhances the effects of testosterone such as libido and performance. With ingredients like Cnidium Monnier, Maca, Tribulus, & Horny Goat Weed, that much is obvious.
Anabolic (BCAA) Amino Blend is just straight up essential amino acids that aid anabolic muscle growth which adds a bit of sports nutritional twist to this formula. The Nitric Oxide Muscle Pump Matrix is made up of NO boosters that basically enhance circulation for sex and PWO benefits.
This formula’s Extreme Energy Igniter Complex is basically a blend of stimulants such as caffeine and Theobromine in chocolate. Honestly, I think this would’ve been a better stack if they didn’t use these stimulants. Something worth noting is that this blend could essentially limit the demographic that can benefit from this formula considering that some people are hyper-sensitive to the effects of caffeine and stimulants in general. To their credit, they did include other sources of energy.
Last but also the least dosed among the 5 prop blends, Neuro-Cerebral Focus Blend’s ingredients are spot on with supplying the brain with more energy which leads to enhanced focus. Given that it is the least dosed, I do wonder if this and the Extreme Energy Igniter Complex is all that necessary. Regardless, Activate T Red accomplishes a whole lot for male health despite not actually boosting T.
Does it Work?
I think the last paragraph already answered this question. With Zinc as the only bona fide T-booster in this formula, it could raise levels of testosterone to a minimum but in all honesty, it most probably couldn’t. Especially at just 20 mg.
But like I said, Activate T Red doesn’t really look like it was meant to boost testosterone. Instead, it attacks masculine health at different angles and by the looks of it, it looks like its on pace to succeed. That said, if you’re the guy who’s okay with not having your testosterone boosted but still want the manly benefits of strength, stamina, sex, and cognition, I believe this could be the supplement for you. On the other hand, if you’re actually looking to maximize your testosterone, there are other supplements on the market that fit the bill.
- No side effects – Well, similarly to its predecessor Activate T, this one really doesn’t have a lot of customer reviews. In fact, I couldn’t even find one. Which means there also aren’t any complaints about side effects. Be sure to monitor your caffeine intake though. This formula is heavily dosed with stimulants and you wouldn’t want those nasty side effects because you took too much.
- 5-in-1 Design – There’s not a lot supplements in the market that take a multi-angled approach to promoting manly health and succeed.
- Well rounded – Except for the fact that it doesn’t boost testosterone, Activate T Red does seem to do an all-around job.
- Sex & pre-workout – This is basically what this product stands for.
- Quality Choices – Most of the ingredients on the formula are natural and awesome choices for what they are meant for and the dosage is good overall.
- No T-boosts – As a supplement labeled to be an advanced testosterone igniter, it’s a bit disappointing not actually seeing test boosts.
- Stimulants – May pose unnecessary dangers to users who are hyper sensitive which also lowers the available demographic.
- PROP BLENDS – Although it did kind of made my job easier because they grouped the ingredients according to what they were for, they could’ve done that same thing while showing the dosages.
The Bottom Line
Obviously, I wouldn’t put Activate T Red among the ranks of the best testosterone supplements but it also has its benefits. The only reason I’m ranking this supplement low is because this is supposed to be part of a line of T-boosters but it doesn’t boost testosterone. However, compared to the original Activate T formula, this is the better choice if you’re the bodybuilder/athlete looking for muscle, sex, and mental gains without actually boosting testosterone.